Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 09:27 AM

15 posts, read 34,050 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I are looking to move by the beach. Is Charleston something that would appeal to new college graduates looking to experience something new. We like the idea of a smaller city but still look for the a nice social scene. (bars, concerts, sporting events) We love the outdoors too, which is the trump card in this decision. Other than the beach what else is there to do for the outdoor enthusiast?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 10:31 AM

2,527 posts, read 8,020,729 times
Beach, running, cycling, kayaking, surfing, kite-surfing, and anything else related to water. Charleston sport and social club as well for year-round athletics. Play Sports, Have Fun, Be Social with Charleston Sports and Social Club

Old 08-18-2008, 10:35 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,244,793 times
Good hunting nearby too for the outdoors men. Not too far to get up to the W NC mountains, maybe 5-6 hrs.

What type of jobs will you be looking for, b/c that will be the most important thing to look for. Charleston isn't the easiest place to find a job in for a lot of areas, unless Hospitality Management is what you're trying to get into, or Restaraunt Management.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:42 AM

15 posts, read 34,050 times
she's a elementary school teacher and I'm finishing up my marketing degree right now. Teaching positions aren't too hard to find from what I understand. I might have some difficulty, i know, but as long as there are some jobs out there I'm fairly confident.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:14 PM

14 posts, read 81,520 times
We're moving form Minneapolis there (hopefully) Us Midwesterners just can't stay put, can we? LOL

Old 08-19-2008, 08:02 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,244,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky85 View Post
We're moving form Minneapolis there (hopefully) Us Midwesterners just can't stay put, can we? LOL
Too cold in the midwest. I grew up east of Cleveland in the snow belt, and was tires of 6+ months of lake effect snow & frigid cold temps, and gray skies for 8 months a year.

While I'm not quite all the way down in Charleston, Rock Hill for now, I visit relatives there often, and hopefully some day soon, will get that great job offer to move down there b/c I want to be on the coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area