Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 10:10 PM

6 posts, read 13,807 times

Advertisements

Is it true that Myrtle Beach area pays much less than Charleston hospitals? I've heard that all jobs near the beach pay less...because of the draw of the "beach". We've visited Charleston, and Myrtle Beach / Conway, and I prefer Charleston much more, but my wife seems to be considering Myrtle...she's the nurse anyway...wondering. Any help?? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 05:31 AM

2,527 posts, read 8,018,331 times
Not being in the profession myself I can't say for sure. I find it highly unlikely that hospitals in Myrtle would be paying anywhere near Charleston metro area hospitals.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:40 AM

159 posts, read 316,374 times
Chas vs MB are going to be equally low paying towns because of the "lifestyle" and lack of corporate jobs. We are both tourist and hospitality towns.

So then you choose Charleston vs. "The Redneck Riviera."

Not a tough choice!

Old 08-21-2008, 07:57 AM

397 posts, read 1,071,565 times
You will need to take into consideration your quality of life, and what you enjoy to do, and be surrounded by. Charleston area is residential, downtown Charleston is full of charm, character, amazing high quality restaurants, the beaches are low-key, the golfing is phenomenal, and the teaching hospital (MUSC) and Roper, East Cooper, all of them fantastic. If I were in the medical field, I would prefer a teaching hospital....now, Myrtle Beach lifestyle is completely different - there is tremendous congestion, there are billboards and fast food restaurants all over, it is totally geared to tourists, high rise hotels all over, and unless you go outside of Myrtle to maybe Murrells Inlet, I think you'll find it a bit cheesy in parts (for lack of a better work, sorry!)...the golf is great all over this area so that shouldn't really be a factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area