Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2008, 01:54 PM

85 posts, read 372,585 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry to be posting here but I'm desperate to find a "local" who might be interested in fostering a dog for us.

Her name is Golda, although we affectionately want to name her Golda Fawn. She was found a few weeks ago by a good samaritan who kept her from dying. She was severely emaciated, feet so swollen she could hardly walk, nails long and curling back towards her paws, riddled with parasites, and worst of all, practically missing her lips

It is thought that she may have been used to bait other dogs into fighting because she wouldn't, but there is no way to prove that is the case.

Our rescue desperately wants to help her and all we need now is a foster home. Golda is very healthy now, up to date on her vaccinations, parasite free, spayed, etc. The shelter tells us that she does wonderfully with other dogs and may possibly do well with cats.

As a foster home for us, we will cover the costs of all routine veterinary care, will offer basic supplies to help care for her, will be a resource for any training needs, and may POSSIBLY be able to help with food costs.

Fostering is a minimum of a one month commitment but is SUCH a rewarding experience! Its so fulfilling knowing that you helped keep a dog from dying and made it possible to find a forever home for them. Words just can't describe it!

If you would like to foster for us, please fill out our Foster Application. If you have questions, please feel free to email us at info @ nhpbr.org (without the spaces) or call 843-814-2974.

To learn more about New Hope Pit Bull Rescue please visit our website at New Hope Pit Bull Rescue - Adoption - Lowcountry - South Carolina - Home

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 05:56 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,763,641 times
Oh, what a sweet-looking dog and what a sad, heartwrenching story. The pain and terror she must have gone through! Dog fighters make me SICK!

I have 2 dogs and 3 cats - all 5 rescues - or I would love to take her. My male dog does not do well with new pets in his domain and might try to fight her. I pray that someone will be able to open up their home to this sweet creature. Please post on here when you find her a foster home....or better yet, a permanent one.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:04 PM

I will keep this thread updated if we can help her. If anyone knows of anyone who may be interested even, please pass the info along. I've posted everywhere I can think to post about her. *crossing fingers*

Old 08-29-2008, 07:34 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,763,641 times
Have you tried local vet's offices, Pet Helpers, SPCA....?can't think of anymore at the moment. WHere is she living now?

Old 08-29-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
Have you tried local vet's offices, Pet Helpers, SPCA....?can't think of anymore at the moment. WHere is she living now?
I haven't tried the vet offices yet but that is my next plan of action, along with a few of the area pet stores.

Golda is actually in a shelter in the upstate right now so her only option is to go to rescue. Pet Helpers is almost ALWAYS full and obviously the other shelters can't take her in.

We're working on it though

Old 08-29-2008, 08:51 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,486,017 times
aw i sincerely hope someone takes her. what a brave little girl. i'm so glad you all were able to keep her alive. she looks very sweet. i will keep her in my prayers. if i hear of anyone that could take her, i will let you know as well (we live in dallas now and cannot have another dog yet). i will ask around. please do keep us posted. did you post this on the other sc forums too?

Old 08-29-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher33 View Post
aw i sincerely hope someone takes her. what a brave little girl. i'm so glad you all were able to keep her alive. she looks very sweet. i will keep her in my prayers. if i hear of anyone that could take her, i will let you know as well (we live in dallas now and cannot have another dog yet). i will ask around. please do keep us posted. did you post this on the other sc forums too?
There are other SC forums? Hmm.....please feel free to PM them to me because I didn't know there were any others. Thanks!

Old 08-30-2008, 10:27 AM

1,294 posts, read 6,486,017 times
i mean this page:

//www.city-data.com/forum/south-carolina/

you can post in the upstate, columbia, greenville, myrtle, etc. and on the general sc forum.

good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area