Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 07:01 PM

372 posts, read 808,797 times

Advertisements

I am an X-ray tech and thinking of moving to Charleston area. have seen a couple of posts on here but have been old posts. Looking for new input on the area. Jobs, living, apartments, ect. Would greatly appreciate any input. Looking to make move after first of new year. Thanks a lot everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 09:01 AM

397 posts, read 1,071,647 times
Jobs - you should be fine, there are a lot of medical facilities. Apartments, are you looking to rent or buy? If I were you, I'd hook up with a good realtor and start getting listings emailed to you so that you can understand what prices go for. Want to be by the beach, or within 1/2 hour? It's less expensive in Summerville, but Folly, James Island, West Ashely, Mt Pleasant are all great choices.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:28 PM

5 posts, read 17,742 times
Between the hospitals and the walk-in clinics offering so much more services than they ever did - I think you will be pleased with your job options. Charleston offers history, arts, good food, beaches, and lots of friendly folks. Whether renting or buying, you will not have a problem finding a great place. Have you checked the apartment websites? Charleston is pretty easy to move around but you might want to get an idea of where you will be working before home hunting. I'd love to tell you about the tax incentive being offered to first time homes buyers. Interest free money is a pretty good deal!

Old 09-02-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresejenkins View Post
Jobs - you should be fine, there are a lot of medical facilities. Apartments, are you looking to rent or buy? If I were you, I'd hook up with a good realtor and start getting listings emailed to you so that you can understand what prices go for. Want to be by the beach, or within 1/2 hour? It's less expensive in Summerville, but Folly, James Island, West Ashely, Mt Pleasant are all great choices.
I am looking for an apartment. I have 1 cat and it would be just myself. the beach is not a real big deal for me at this time. What is important is safety and living in a quiet place. The lady I have has decided not to come with me. I am looking to spend about 600 a month for rent and then will decide later on about buying.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraSargent View Post
Between the hospitals and the walk-in clinics offering so much more services than they ever did - I think you will be pleased with your job options. Charleston offers history, arts, good food, beaches, and lots of friendly folks. Whether renting or buying, you will not have a problem finding a great place. Have you checked the apartment websites? Charleston is pretty easy to move around but you might want to get an idea of where you will be working before home hunting. I'd love to tell you about the tax incentive being offered to first time homes buyers. Interest free money is a pretty good deal!
The only apartment web sites I have found is Craigslist. I would be interested in knowing what other ones are out there. Anything you can link me to would be appreciated.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:59 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,018,901 times
http://charleston-sc.apartmentguide.com/
Apartments in Charleston, South Carolina (http://www.bestapartmentsincharleston.com/ - broken link)
Apartments for rent - ApartmentFinder.com

All of those should work if you're looking for apartment complexes.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:20 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,472,385 times
lots of need for your profession, you'll have ten jobs before you get out of your car... and you might like S'Ville, close to your price range and close to a cpl hospital systems... 30/40 mins from the beach and usually hurricane safe

Trident Hospital has several places here, their reputation sucks but you're an xray dude so they can't blame you... lol

Old 09-02-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJShymansky View Post
Apartments in Charleston SC - Charleston SC Apartments - Charleston Rentals
Apartments in Charleston, South Carolina (http://www.bestapartmentsincharleston.com/ - broken link)
Apartments for rent - ApartmentFinder.com

All of those should work if you're looking for apartment complexes.
thank you for the info. i have already started to take a look and put them in my bookmarks..... thanks again

Old 09-02-2008, 05:47 PM

85 posts, read 372,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
Trident Hospital has several places here, their reputation sucks but you're an xray dude so they can't blame you... lol
LOL! You cracked me up!

Old 09-02-2008, 05:53 PM

Thanks for the info on the jobs. I will start looking into Trident Hospital. Money is Money, at least when you are getting started in a new town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area