Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2007, 06:46 PM

22 posts, read 91,037 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am an independent Massage Therapist living in Boca Raton, Florida, and I am thinking relocating to Charleston. But I have never been there, and I just have read about this city online. But I need some advice, opinions, etc. about everything you can tell me about this city, about how is the living there.

How is the traffic? how is the rush hour? how much is the range for the rent for 2 bedroom apartment in a gated community? how is the competition in my professional field, I mean.. are there many independent massage therapists?

I would appreciate any additional information you want to give me from your experience. My email is anyelina_@hotmail.com. Thankyou. Angela.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 06:31 PM

48 posts, read 192,386 times
I saw nobody replied, so I will tell you what little I know. I have a Realtor and was looking to relocate from NJ. I spent a week down there with the Realtor. Charleston, the city is FANTASTIC!!! I loved it. I was looking at a suburb called Mt Pleasant. Definitely the more affluent area. The crime is not as bad as Florida so a gated community is probably not necessary depending on where you stay. I wish I could tell you about jobs...but the people sure seem the type to use massage therapy. They clearly are a bunch of yuppies in Mt Pleasant and Charleston...so they will spend money on themselves.

I am originally from Philadelphia so Charleston was just wonderful. It will be a bit of a culture shock coming from Florida. The beaches are not as easy to access...lakes and rivers are what I planned on using with my Jet Ski. Overall, I think the area was great. I hope you like Charleston. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of: