U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 10:26 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,609,749 times

Advertisements

CNN Money just released the 4th quarter 2008 medium home price decline for selected US cities taken from statistics released from the National Association of Realtors. The Charleston/North Charleston area experienced a year-over year decline of 5.2%. Not too bad relative to most of the other listed cities and metropolitan areas. Here is a link to the report
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 12:10 PM

20,185 posts, read 22,706,524 times
I have looked and actually bid on a home in Charleston... they asked for 154k.... I told them 120k.... that was six months ago.. they said hell no... the best they could do with the counteroffer was 150k (and they even had the nerve to tell me that I would be paying closing cost)... I walked.... it is priced today at 137k.... I would of bought it if they took my price... as of right now, I am not even the least bit interested, there are better properties that are even cheaper all over the country!! That house will never sell... not even if it was 110k.... I don't think the problem is with the owners... I think the problem is with the sellers... they didn't even TALK to the owner before refusing the price.... is that even legal? Apparently so....
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area