Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 09:23 PM

3 posts, read 9,073 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about I'on? Looking for planned neighborhood with low country style. Widow 55 years old. Any other neighborhoods ? Moving from Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 07:25 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,431,020 times
I know Ion very well. It's a very quaint neighborhood in Mount Pleasant very close to downtown and the beaches. Shopping, restaurants and even a cute little Inn. Beautiful bungalow and Charleston Single style homes as well as mini mansions. There is water and lakes as well as amenities in the neighborhood. Lots are small, homes close together. Currently there are 58 properties for sale starting at 458,000 for 1600 sqft to 1.9 mil.

Please feel free to message me if you have more specific questions.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:51 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,777,188 times
There are a number of neighborhood that will give you the feel of I'on to some degree, including the Hibben section of Belle Hall Plantation. The overall feel and convenient location of I'on is unique. Here is a video of I'on I shot for one of my web sites that you may find of interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriw View Post
Does anyone know anything about I'on? Looking for planned neighborhood with low country style. Widow 55 years old. Any other neighborhoods ? Moving from Atlanta.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:36 AM

4,280 posts, read 12,669,028 times
I'on is very cutesy but in my view, not a lot of home/space for the money.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:14 AM

291 posts, read 547,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
I'on is very cutesy but in my view, not a lot of home/space for the money.
But if someone feels this neighborhood is for them, then they know what they are getting for their money (and certainly willing to spend it on this higher end development).

Old 07-13-2011, 03:13 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Make sure you ask about amenity fees.

Some buy into the concept and then have second thoughts..............

Old 07-13-2011, 03:40 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,019,459 times
I think I'on is attractive, there's no arguing that. It doesn't appeal to me personally though, the homes are too close together, and the overall feel of the neighborhood is a bit too social for me. I've had clients love it or hate it, for those above reasons. You really do have to tour it for yourself and spend some time in it to see if it works for you. Those who live there seem to love it! If you wanted homes with more room between them, then other neighborhoods might work for you in the same price ranges.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:19 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,431,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Make sure you ask about amenity fees.

Some buy into the concept and then have second thoughts..............
True there are optional fees for use of the amenities, but many neighborhoods have this like Dunes West (the amenities are an extra 1200+ a year). I live in Park West and we have the HOA fee and a regime fee. Most section have HOA fee for the master community and HOA for their section.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:18 PM

3 posts, read 9,073 times
Thanks guys for the info. Saw some cute homes on St. Johns Island?

Old 07-18-2011, 10:20 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriw View Post
Thanks guys for the info. Saw some cute homes on St. Johns Island?
You probably mean Johns Island.

There is James Island too and for the barrier Islands there's Folly Island which is off of James Island. Kiawah which is off of (south of) John's Island. Sullivans Island and Isle of Palms are both south of Mt. Pleasant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area