Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 12:03 PM

33 posts, read 93,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolf View Post
Right on guys I too am 23, just finished school, snagged an job with Boeing in Charleston and am moving to Mt Pleasant in about 3 weeks from Dallas, Texas. I have only visited the Charleston area once, went the beach and a few bars downtown and figured why not. Definitely can not wait to get out there, explore around Mt Pleasant, meet new people and find new places.
What is Boeing? Where are you living and when are you moving? I'm 23 also, in the same boat... except I don't actually have a job yet... ha! I just need a life change and I have a friend who lives down there so I'm taking advantage of the opportunity to move in with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 07:44 PM

15 posts, read 67,371 times
Boeing in an aerospace company that for the most part builds commercial airplanes. I am moving around August 15th to the Watermark apartments in Mt Pleasant. Yea its definitely going to be a life change but I am looking forward to it. Will you be staying in Mt Pleasant as well??

Old 07-26-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolf View Post
Boeing in an aerospace company that for the most part builds commercial airplanes. I am moving around August 15th to the Watermark apartments in Mt Pleasant. Yea its definitely going to be a life change but I am looking forward to it. Will you be staying in Mt Pleasant as well??
I am moving into my friend's apartment in Summerville in two weeks until her lease runs out. Then we will move in to a different apartment in mid-September. We are looking at Mount Pleasant and West Ashley for apartments. I am excited as well, but a little hesitant since I am leaving behind pretty much everything I've known for the past 5 years. I think I'll feel better once I get a job!! ;-)

Old 07-26-2009, 02:10 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Watermark has many young adult occupants. You'll meet folks just by going to the pool. Good luck with the job and your new adventure.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:58 PM

87 posts, read 268,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRJAK View Post
Is your boyfriend going to the Nuke School?
eh?

Old 07-27-2009, 07:52 AM

15 posts, read 67,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Watermark has many young adult occupants. You'll meet folks just by going to the pool. Good luck with the job and your new adventure.

Right on and thank you. One of the reasons I chose the Watermark was due to the fact they easily have the nicest pool of all the places I visited in Mt Pleasant!

Old 07-27-2009, 10:43 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Great location to get to work, play and shop. I love it there. I wish I loved the the single homes but I'm not sold on those homes -- no yards, so close together -- I'm use to smaller lots but those are tight. Shellpoint would be ideal if some nice home owner in that area would kindly sell their house to me for a 'reasonable' price -- or one of those lots would sell for just a tad cheaper.:-)))

Old 07-27-2009, 12:33 PM

77 posts, read 202,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachme View Post
Mount Pleasant....
Shem Creek anywhere but especially REDS.
Bamboo
Tsunami Spelling?
Arts..Total dive but a fun place
on REDs and Arts!

Old 07-29-2009, 07:02 PM

anyone know any other apartment complexes with a good location and lots of young adults (early 20's) ????

Old 07-30-2009, 05:42 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTeacher1 View Post
What is Boeing? Where are you living and when are you moving? I'm 23 also, in the same boat... except I don't actually have a job yet... ha! I just need a life change and I have a friend who lives down there so I'm taking advantage of the opportunity to move in with her.
I'm not trying to be mean, but you're a teacher and you don't know what Boeing is? Do you ever read the paper (front and business sections, not art/leisure)?

I'll give you a hint, if you've ever been to the airport, seen a plane flying overhead, heard about an airplane crash on the news, then you should know who Boeing is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area