U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 11:45 PM

134 posts, read 397,743 times

Advertisements

I am looking into apartments in the Mt.Pleasant/Charleston area and was wondering if anyone is familiar with the Edgewater Plantation apartments in Mt. Pleasant,on Oak Avenue. I am moving in a few months and wonder if the apartments are nice, in a decent (but not outrageously expensive) area. Schools aren't important as I don't have children.
Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 12:50 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,031,483 times
Default Don't know the cost...

The complex is lovely as any could be with parking/asphalt surrounding. They've laid out a circular drive to the amenities center with very nice landscaping. All looks well kept.
Edgewater Plantation is somewhat isolated from other housing, on a mile & a half approach (Wando Park Blvd) from Longpoint Road that parallels I-526. There's newer one story office buildings set back & landscaped all along the drive until Edgewater. The road continues past Edgewater to it's end by going under I-526 into the Etiwan townhouse development. You must backtrack on the same street to exit to any other area. There's a parklike area with trails/walkways into the woods between the 2 developments.
Edgewater's location is great to commute to North Charleston or the airport area. Not the most convenient to downtown however. If you get pricing, I'd be interested in hearing what it goes for.
Some say Mt. P is expensive in general. I can tell you that there's alwys a 5-10 price increase on a gallon of gas vs. West Ashley. But Mt.P is a overall well maintained, safe community, so you get what you pay for.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:17 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,182,556 times
Nice subdivision. A little odd location but nice.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:12 AM

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to look into more places. Mt.Pleasant seems a little pricey overall,but I don't want to live too far away from Charleston because I'd prefer not too drive more than I have to (overcoming a phobia which is one reason I haven't moved yet--interstates are kind of scary to me,but it would be heaven to never have to drive in snow again)!
I know from my visits to Charleston that there are stores (groceries,big box etc) along route 17 if I need any necessities.
I also might want a place where small dogs are allowed (don't have a pet now,but would like to get a dog---a small mixed breed maybe).

Old 10-07-2009, 06:20 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,182,556 times
This is a good apartment complex for you and it is nice just close to I-526 but I don't think you can hear the cars/trucks. It is very close to shopping and restaurants so all your needs are close and you won't have to get on the Interstate if you do not want to. It is off of Long Point Road that area has a shopping center. Belle Hall Shopping Center.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:21 PM

5,004 posts, read 5,610,435 times
Be sure to visit while they are unloading a ship at the Wando Terminal and also to gauge 526 road noise. I had friends in Grassy Creek (other side of 526) who were really surprised how noisy it could be. But you have to figure out your own tolerances since others did not care/notice as much.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:56 PM

The Belle Hall Shopping Center looks very nice. I like the idea of Ross' and Steinmart close by---don't have either where I live,but my mom and I shopped at a Steinmart in North Carolina(Greensboro) when I was there for a job interview a few years back--didn't get the job though,but got a nice suit there for my interview at least.
Is there public transportation from Mt. Pleasant to the city of Charleston? I may be coming to Charleston if possible in either late Oct or early Nov.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area