Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 02:31 PM

3 posts, read 5,649 times

Advertisements

Hello-

Was down in SC the past few weeks on business and fell in love with Mt. Pleasant. (My wife and I go to Charleston and Hilton Head yearly but I have never had time to expand into the other regions.

We are considering STRONGLY moving out of RI.(A train wreck of a state).

Looking to possibly open up a deli/restaurant in Mt. Pleasant or possibly downtown Charleston for business.. I am just wondering how saturated the "Italian Deli" theme is in these regions or how good..

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 02:43 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,429,923 times
WE NEED YOU! Please come here!! We have no deli's. My husbands family are all Italians and showed me what good meat is.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:53 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,997,802 times
Please!!!!! A good ny/italian deli!!!! Please

Old 02-17-2010, 04:24 PM

I want to be open for Breakfast, Lunch then light Italian fare for night.. Chicken Parm, Pizza and some specialty pasta dishes..
Location, Location, Location.. Free Pizza every week for who finds me the ideal area.. I was thinking up near Darrell Creek because of the future opening of Hospital but not sure its to far out of the way?

Old 02-17-2010, 05:22 PM

Oakland Plantation... You can have Gringos spot..they won't last long. LOL

Old 02-17-2010, 07:45 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,295,751 times
Mozzo Deli on Coleman in Mt. P...anyone been?

Old 02-17-2010, 08:05 PM

So what's your feeling on being near Darrell Creek area? To dead or away from everything? As I stated I was there for one day and didnt get to see everything.. OR do I open in downtown Charleston?

Thanks for the help everyone..

Old 02-18-2010, 08:29 AM

40 posts, read 106,797 times
Darrell Creek is a bit out there. We lived there for a year. Loved the neighborhood, didn't care for the commute to get to places. Not many people venture that far unless there is a good reason to. We opted to move closer to the center of Mt Pleasant for convenience. You should be able to find some really good commercial deals right now.

Setting up a business in SC is fairly easy. Go to www.scbos.com and you can walk through the paperwork. Send me an e-mail if you get lost or have a question. Good Luck; it looks like there would be a pretty good demand for your store based on the responses above.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 AM

Down town there is a lot of competition and rent will be higher.

The Market at Oakland is a great location. They are constantly busy with Kohls and Super wal-mart. It caters to all of Darrell Creek, Park West, Rivertowne, brickyard, ivy hall, Hamlin Plantation, Charleston National to mention a few. There is nothing out by Darrell creek so you wouldn't want to go that far out. But The Market @ Oakland is about 5 minutes from DC and Roper. Perfect location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of: