U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:51 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,468,480 times

Advertisements

The New East Cooper Regional Medical Center is to open April 1, 2010. It will be open to the public to tour on March 13, 2010. Here is a link to a slide show of photos that I took of the exterior of East Cooper Hospital today. With the opening of the new Roper Hospital in Carolina Park scheduled to open later in the year, most Mt. Pleasant residents will be within about a 10 minute drive to a major hospital facility.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 07:09 PM

7,934 posts, read 15,597,639 times
I drove past there about 2am this morning on my way to MB...

Old 03-08-2010, 05:37 PM

372 posts, read 707,024 times
Really nice pictures USCJoe. Thanks for sharing them. Please post more of the Hospital when they open the inside to visitors, if they will let you take some when you are inside. I would love to see what there radiology department looks like. ( hint hint) If you get that lucky.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:34 PM

I am going to try to get to the grand opening and if so will take some photos and share them with forum members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraydude View Post
Really nice pictures USCJoe. Thanks for sharing them. Please post more of the Hospital when they open the inside to visitors, if they will let you take some when you are inside. I would love to see what there radiology department looks like. ( hint hint) If you get that lucky.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:26 AM

1,889 posts, read 4,965,834 times
I am going also. Looking forward to seeing the new hospital.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:27 PM

1,889 posts, read 4,965,834 times
I toured the new hospital today. VERY NICE! and they will be hiring once they move over April 1.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:33 PM

I also toured the new East Cooper Hospital and attended the grand opening to the public on the grounds today and took over 100 photos of the interior and outside events as well as some hd video. I hope to post them to my real estate web site and will share them separately with forum members as soon as I can..

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachme View Post
I toured the new hospital today. VERY NICE! and they will be hiring once they move over April 1.

Last edited by USCJoe; 03-13-2010 at 03:09 PM..

Old 03-13-2010, 03:19 PM

Default The Grand Opening For The Public Of The New East Cooper Hospital Held March 13, 2010

The residents of Mt. Pleasant and the neighboring towns and communities got a look at the new East Cooper Regional Medical Center today. The hospital gave short tours of the new facility, which will open officially for patients on April 1, 2010. There was also a number of activities for children and adults held outside by the hospital, including but not limited to programs put on by the Charleston Community Band, The Moultrie Middle School Chorus, The East Cooper Party Band, Drake School of Irish Dance, Dance Arts Studio and the James Edwards 5th Grade Chorus. Below is a link to a slide show of the interior of the new Hospital. We were not given a tour of the Radiology Department so I was unable to get some photos requested by Xraydude, sorry. I will try to post photos and possibly high definition videos of outside activities as soon as I can.

Full screen slide show of the interior of the new East Cooper Medical Center taken March 13, 2010.

Below you will find a link to a large full screen slide show (131 photos) of scenes taken on March 13, 2010 at the public opening and on the grounds of the new East Cooper Medical Center. I have included quite a few photos of the events and of the attendees, most of whom I would suspect are from Mt. Pleasant. I have included a large number of photos of groups of atteendees as well as of a few few couples dancing to the sounds of The East Coast Party Band. I think the photos give out of town residents considering relocating to the Charleston area a better feel for at least the residents of Mt. Pleasant. I always tell my clients that when considering where to relocate a person should identify an area where they would be happy working and associating with individuals around which they would feel comfortable. I think one can tell quite a bit from photographs alone, as to whether individuals in the photos may have the same interests, priorities and personalities similar to their own. I have read many posts where some forum members and contributors have stereotyped Mt. Pleasant Pleasant residents in a negative light which is contrary to my observations as a resident of the town since 1988. I continue to believe that "pictures speak a thousand words."

A full screen slide show taken on March 13, 2010 at the opening of the new East Cooper Regional Medical Center to the public. The hospital is scheduled to open for patients on April 1, 2010.

Last edited by USCJoe; 03-13-2010 at 04:29 PM..

Old 03-13-2010, 07:14 PM

814 posts, read 1,775,466 times
There you go again Joe.. camera in hand and great pics to share with us here !.

Best pics were of the helicopter and especially the one photo showing the inside where the stretcher goes... great shot Joe.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:48 PM

It was a great day to get out and enjoy typical Charleston weather after so many weeks of cold and wet days. Glad that you enjoyed the helicopter photos. The interior certainly is small and narrow. It was difficult to get the interior shots of the hospital as the tour guide kept us moving to accommodate all the tours going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNYC View Post
There you go again Joe.. camera in hand and great pics to share with us here !.

Best pics were of the helicopter and especially the one photo showing the inside where the stretcher goes... great shot Joe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or