Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 05:07 AM

63 posts, read 203,476 times

Advertisements

What is the "hottest" price range for homes on DI? What styles and price points are in the most demand.
Grazie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 12:44 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,776,189 times
Here are the sales on Daniel Island during the past 3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaJim View Post
What is the "hottest" price range for homes on DI? What styles and price points are in the most demand.
Grazie

Old 04-10-2010, 04:42 PM

Looks like folks are buying the big ones at a deal price point. What are the regular folks buying >> I.E> $400K - $500K OR ???

Old 04-11-2010, 08:21 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,429,314 times
They aren't really selling. That's the problem. I have a home for sale on DI in the 400-500 range and little to know action. The sellers need to sell before it goes into SS or foreclosure. But aren't being realistic in price, therefore not getting many showings.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:02 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,956,889 times
I wouldn't consider $200+ per square foot a deal price point. That's the norm on DI...not a deal.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:39 PM

Default Tell me more

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachme View Post
They aren't really selling. That's the problem. I have a home for sale on DI in the 400-500 range and little to know action. The sellers need to sell before it goes into SS or foreclosure. But aren't being realistic in price, therefore not getting many showings.
I have been there & it seems really nice. Why are they not selling in your opinion or in your experience? Has the influx to Charleston slowed down with the economy?

Old 04-11-2010, 03:45 PM

There are lots of buyer out there but they are being more "smart" looking for deals and since there is a lot of inventory lots to choose from. This house (listed by someone on my team) is listed high. I think if they would lower their price they would get more showings.

IMO The influx has not changed. Ready willing and able buyers- not as much many have to sell to buy.

DI isn't exactly a place to look for starter homes either. So the tax credit doesn't help as much.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:24 PM

62 posts, read 106,256 times
Quote:
There are lots of buyer out there but they are being more "smart" looking for deals and since there is a lot of inventory lots to choose from. This house (listed by someone on my team) is listed high. I think if they would lower their price they would get more showings.

IMO The influx has not changed. Ready willing and able buyers- not as much many have to sell to buy.

DI isn't exactly a place to look for starter homes either. So the tax credit doesn't help as much.
More Smart? Should it not be smarter?

Maybe if the Stealtors would learn how to spell and price homes correctly we could get rid of all this inventory. Deleveraging is the problem not buyers being "more smart." The prices of homes have dropped and the purchase price today means short sale or foreclosure because some STEALTOR told the buyer in 2005-08 that "Real estate never goes down in price. It is a great time to buy!" Most sellers are upside down because they listened to their Stealtor and dumb ____ mortgage broker.

Now the stealtors are short sale/foreclosure experts on the same home they sold for 30-40% more during the boom times. That should be a crime! The realtors should cut their 6% commission in half to help clear out some inventory. What do you say Stealtors?

Just remember one thing"
Greed IS Good!

Last edited by GordonGekkoSC; 04-13-2010 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: .

Old 04-13-2010, 03:31 PM

I am not going to play your games. I am not going to name call, you make yourself look bad without any help from me or others. I guess thats why you are so anonymous and I am not. I am proud of who I am and do not hide my identity.

And by the way, I spelled more and smart correctly. My grammar may have been incorrect. Oh well.

Last edited by beachme; 04-13-2010 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: more typos

Old 04-13-2010, 03:58 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,776,189 times
It is interesting to note that out of the 14 posts of GordonGekkoSC on this forum, 13 are negative, demeaning and/or critical. The use of the word "Stealors" may be an indication of an inability to communicate one's position and/or opinion in an objective and factual manner. From the comments it appears obvious that GordonGekkoSC may have a limited grasp of the real estate profession as practiced by most Realtors, as opposed to the practices of some real estate agents. It is also not unusual for one to make negative generalizations of members of a profession, when they may have a bad or perceived experience with such a professional such as a Realtor, real estate agent, lawyer or even a doctor.

Quote:
I am not going to play your games. I am not going to name call, you make yourself look bad without any help from me or others. I guess thats why you are so anonymous and I am not. I am proud of who I am and do not hide my identity.

And by the way, I spelled more and smart correctly. My grammar may have been incorrect. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area