Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 11:43 AM

370 posts, read 951,725 times

Advertisements

Pine Forest seems to have a bunch of homes for sale, some of which seem pretty reasonable for the amenties that are available there. Can anyone share their thoughts on this subdivision, the good or the bad? We are currently renting a home in Wescott and really like the area we are in, but eventually will want to buy our own. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 12:24 PM

890 posts, read 4,339,574 times
I love Pine Forest, it is one of my favorite neighborhoods. I would have no hesitations living in there. My kids have friends in there and everyone seems to like it. The golf course is nice. It's just a nice neighborhood overall.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:25 PM

7,928 posts, read 17,398,115 times
I like Pine Forest, DW hates the name, I don't like some of the less than desireable areas that join up to it, but that comes with the teritory....

Old 04-12-2010, 03:56 PM

I'm with you, OTC. My wife and I just took a drive out to see a few houses out there and we did not like the look & feel of the surrounding areas at all!

Old 04-12-2010, 09:59 PM

478 posts, read 1,667,184 times
We looked at both - and I preferred Pine Forest over Legend Oaks myself. Legend Oaks is far out - my daughter has a friend who lives out there and complains about the drive - BUT the kids do attend Ashley Ridge HS - which for now seems to be better than Summerville HS.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:25 PM

780 posts, read 1,548,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ17015 View Post
We looked at both - and I preferred Pine Forest over Legend Oaks myself. Legend Oaks is far out - my daughter has a friend who lives out there and complains about the drive - BUT the kids do attend Ashley Ridge HS - which for now seems to be better than Summerville HS.
Interesting enough that the drive seems long, but Legend Oaks is only 3 miles from the intersection of Bacon's Bridge and Dorchester. The fact that there is absolutely nothing around makes it seems longer.

This is one thing that did appeal to me when it comes to crime. For the most part, you don't have casual drive-by traffic as you do in some areas. Folks are driving out there for a reason therefore limiting the amount of trouble makers simply cruising around looking for something to get into.

And Ashley Ridge HS is a plus for me!!! I talked to one of the faculty members and she said they do not have a huge problem with kids cutting classes most likely because there is nothing around there and no place to go.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:41 PM

I thought I had heard that a Publix might be coming near the Legends Oak area. Anyone hear this also?

Old 04-14-2010, 10:39 AM

478 posts, read 1,667,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
Interesting enough that the drive seems long, but Legend Oaks is only 3 miles from the intersection of Bacon's Bridge and Dorchester. The fact that there is absolutely nothing around makes it seems longer.

This is one thing that did appeal to me when it comes to crime. For the most part, you don't have casual drive-by traffic as you do in some areas. Folks are driving out there for a reason therefore limiting the amount of trouble makers simply cruising around looking for something to get into.

And Ashley Ridge HS is a plus for me!!! I talked to one of the faculty members and she said they do not have a huge problem with kids cutting classes most likely because there is nothing around there and no place to go.
My nephew is a teacher at Ashley Ridge and LOVES it! So far so good. But as we all know the school is not full yet - only the younger classes so time will tell. IF my children could have attended there - it would have swayed our decision - but them being a junior and senior in HS last year - our choice was Ft. Dorchester or Summerville HS - for DDII schools.

Though Legend Oaks is only 3 miles from Bacon's Bridge and Dorchester, seldom does my daughter and her friends socialize in that area (nor my husband and I). They/we migrate toward Azalea Square, and downtown Summerville. For movies, for dining, for shopping, Azalea Park, Flowertown Theater... We live minutes from downtown Summerville, which was important to us. We rented in Knightsville for 6 months, and didn't care for being that far from town. Helped us to rule out certain subdivisions.

Not bashing Legend Oaks - just a personal preference - IF those were my ONLY choices (Legend Oaks or Pine Forest) - it would have been Pine Forest. Not only us - but my husband's co-workers live in Pine Forest.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:49 PM

780 posts, read 1,548,297 times
I like Pine Forest. The deal breaker for me was that it is designated for Summerville H.S. and I wanted my kids to go to Ashley Ridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area