Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 03:52 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,677,767 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the Watermark Apartments in Mount Pleasant? I've seen the webpage, and they look nice enough, but photos can be so deceiving. My husband's employer has given us the choice of Marriott Residence Inn on IOP connector, or temp housing in The Watermark. We're looking at a two to three month stay, and I see pros and cons to both. It's nice that Watermark will have washer/dryers in the actual unit, but my kids really have their hearts set on those Residence Inn daily waffles! The size is about the same, so I'M looking towards actual surrounding area to help me choose. My boys are 13 and 14, so I'm wondering which place offers more to do in walking distance? Both locations put my 13 year old in Laing, so there's no difference there. Any feedback at all would be wonderful!

(those waffles are really great, but I may never fit in a swim suit again if I eat them for three months! What a tragedy that close to the beach.).

Thanks,
Roxanne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 04:15 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,018,901 times
The IOP Connector would put you within walking distance to Towne Center and all that it has to offer. Watermark Apartments are nice and luxurious, with a fantastic pool, but there's nothing immediately around it that you can walk to. Residence Inn, definitely.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:51 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,430,609 times
Another Plus... they clean your rooms weekly. :>)

Old 06-04-2010, 07:24 PM

92 posts, read 208,328 times
I'd like to know more about the Watermark Apartments in Mount Pleasant too. My husband and I have spent the last 3 months at the Residence Inn in Mt Pleasant on the IOP connector and our stay has been great. Those enormous breakfasts they have every morning are fantastic and in our 3 months there I have (shamefully) gained a whopping 8 lbs! Careful what you wish for. Mmmm those sausages, eggs, biscuits, bacon, waffles, breakfast potatoes, croissants, french toast, waffles, etc, etc are excellent and the daily cleaning service is great. You get spoiled quite fast and the Mt Pleasant shopping plaza is just a short walk away with a few restaurants to choose from (Longhorn, On The Border, Benito's pizza, Atlanta Bread Company, TGI Friday's).

We are looking for an apartment that would be better for a longer stay and have been considering the Watermark in MtP but haven't really found any useful info on the web aside from their website...and like you said, pics can be deceiving.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:51 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,018,901 times
If you're in town already, go tour them. Their office is staffed during normal business hours.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:54 PM

92 posts, read 208,328 times
I wish I could but we've been delayed in getting back up to Charleston after our recent return home so we are not back in town yet to be able to check it out ourselves.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:51 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Watermark are great apartments. I know people who live there. And there's a work out room to help you get rid of those extra pounds. It's convenient to downtown, IOP, shopping.....There will be some construction on the main road...check with the offices, so a unit not on the main road might be more attractive.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:53 AM

As a Mom -- I'd take the Marriott -- breakfast made every morning, rooms cleaned every day....and a great location.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:37 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,677,767 times
Both options sound great, but I just haven't decided yet. RI wants families with pets on the bottom floor, so I worry about my cats getting loose, but I bet they'll be willing to negotiate. Watermark will also clean the apartment for us for the duration of our corporate stay, as well as fully furnish the room. Right now I'm leaning towards Residence Inn for the reasons you've all given (plus three months of Marriots reward points for us is a big bonus) so for us, I think it will be RI unless the Watermark offers us a three bedroom suite instead. Hopefully it's a decent bike ride to the beach to help me burn off those calories!

Old 06-05-2010, 10:25 PM

Watermark is a tough ride to the beach - as is the Mariott.

But --either deal sounds good.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area