Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 07:41 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,051,122 times

Advertisements

Chase Tower to be renovated * - Business - The Charleston Gazette - West Virginia News and Sports -

"New York firm that recently purchased Chase Tower in downtown Charleston plans to make significant improvements to the 20-floor building in the coming months"

"plans to upgrade the building's elevators, repair windows and reopen the property's rear outdoor plaza to the public"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 10:32 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,828,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
Chase Tower to be renovated * - Business - The Charleston Gazette - West Virginia News and Sports -

"New York firm that recently purchased Chase Tower in downtown Charleston plans to make significant improvements to the 20-floor building in the coming months"

"plans to upgrade the building's elevators, repair windows and reopen the property's rear outdoor plaza to the public"
I dont know if I would call it a tower. Kinda a stretch dont you think?

Old 09-29-2011, 02:46 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,051,122 times
Haha, yeah, its kindof a stump.

But... It is one of the tallest office buildings in WV, so I guess that's how it gets its name.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:49 PM

5,987 posts, read 8,967,301 times
More good news! That building has alot of good businesses in it, and upgrading it will only help attract more. Plus that plaza is, and will continue to be a great compliment to Haddad Riverfront Park.

As for it being a tower, I'd say you could call any building or structure over 100 feet tall a tower. Heck, they call the Evansdale Dorms "Towers", but yet they are only half as high as this office building.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
More good news! That building has alot of good businesses in it, and upgrading it will only help attract more. Plus that plaza is, and will continue to be a great compliment to Haddad Riverfront Park.

As for it being a tower, I'd say you could call any building or structure over 100 feet tall a tower. Heck, they call the Evansdale Dorms "Towers", but yet they are only half as high as this office building.
They are bigger than half, but point taken. The "towers" are hardly towers.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
They are bigger than half, but point taken. The "towers" are hardly towers.
Marshall has some dorms called "Towers" too,

Charleston has Laidley Tower, Commerce Tower, Chase Tower, and none of them are really "tall", but I wouldn't call anything above 15 floors short either. These buildings are impressive for a city of 50k, there are towns with hundreds of thousands that don't have the buildings that Charleston has. I think there is atleast 20 buildings over 10 floors, and 10 or so over 15.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:21 AM

Chase Tower's plaza above its parking garage has started its remodeling project. It will hopefully be open to the public by summer! This is just more great news for downtown Charleston, and will add another wonderful park for people to enjoy in downtown.

Chase Tower plaza renovations under way* - Kanawha County - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

Old 02-08-2012, 03:50 PM

939 posts, read 1,883,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
These buildings are impressive for a city of 50k, there are towns with hundreds of thousands that don't have the buildings that Charleston has.
Our nation's capital comes to mind... Although its suburbs have buildings approaching 40 stories.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoFring View Post
Our nation's capital comes to mind... Although its suburbs have buildings approaching 40 stories.
I was about to say this. Small suburbs here have buildings MUCH more impressive than Charleston.

Charleston is strong in many areas, but it doesnt have impressive towers. The Chase tower is black and shaped like a box. I am sorry but I find nothing impressive about it. If it were in Morgantown I would still find it unimpressive. The small size of Charleston, or the lack of impressive architecture in WV doesnt make it anymore impressive.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
I was about to say this. Small suburbs here have buildings MUCH more impressive than Charleston.

Charleston is strong in many areas, but it doesnt have impressive towers. The Chase tower is black and shaped like a box. I am sorry but I find nothing impressive about it. If it were in Morgantown I would still find it unimpressive. The small size of Charleston, or the lack of impressive architecture in WV doesnt make it anymore impressive.
I was making a point that for a city Charleston's size, the skyline as a whole is impressive. Not Chase Tower! And I wouldn't say there is a lack of impressive architecture in WV, in fact I'd say the opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston