Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,609 times

Advertisements

Hey all, I'll be moving to Charleston for a job fairly soon. I've read some of the other threads concerning nice areas, etc. for a potential place to live. However, most of these people seem to be families looking for a house.
I'm mid 20's and looking to rent for at least a few years and would prefer something close to an entertainment district. My job is downtown, and I enjoy running so I'd like to be in an area where I can run safely on the streets without having to drive to a park or rec center.
I read through most of the "moving to charleston" posts and checked out the suggested apartments. I've narrowed my selection to:
Terrace Park East
Imperial Towers
Charleston Center Village
I've also heard that South Hills is the place to be, but haven't found any rentals around there.
I will have a week to find a place once I'm up there so I'd prefer to have a list to check out and decide on one. Does anyone have new places to suggest or information on the three previously mentioned apts? I'd prefer to live in a "nicer" apartment and don't mind spending the extra money if it's worth it.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 08:39 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,881,972 times
If Charleston Center Village is the one behind the Marriott off Washington Blvd., I think they are very nice. The 2 BR have a garage but the one BR units do not have a garage. You could jog up to the Blvd and run there quite easily.

Don't bother with South Hills with what you are looking for as it doesn't sound like the right place for you.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:24 AM

6,077 posts, read 9,100,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
If Charleston Center Village is the one behind the Marriott off Washington Blvd., I think they are very nice. The 2 BR have a garage but the one BR units do not have a garage. You could jog up to the Blvd and run there quite easily.

Don't bother with South Hills with what you are looking for as it doesn't sound like the right place for you.
I agree with this. If you want to be close to work, right in the heart of downtown shopping, entertainment, dining, ect..., then I'd say that Charleston Center Village is the best. you are within a block of the mall, civic center, a few blocks from the Village District, Haddad Riverfront Park, night clubs, bars, restaurants, and really close to prime running and biking paths. The apartments are nice, plus parking is on site.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:08 PM

396 posts, read 923,667 times
I disagree with last two statements. South Hills are just 5-10 minutes away from the Downtown. The area is nice and safe. Cabbages said he wouldn't mind to spend extra money- what could be better than South Hills for him?

Old 03-14-2012, 07:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
I have no idea what any of the apt are like but I really like the downtown area of CHarleston right now.

Granted, you can be there in 10-15 minutes from anywhere in the area but I have to think that's where so much of the things that a 20 something would be interested in is at.

If I was in my 20's today, the option of being able to walk home would be attractive.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:01 PM

532 posts, read 1,090,948 times
South Hills is the place to be if you are a soccer mom. You certainly can't run on the roads there. Go to the East End for the reasons Chris stated above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston