Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 09:52 PM

286 posts, read 348,119 times

Advertisements

Is this actually going to happen? Or is it false hope

Old 08-04-2012, 08:15 PM

13 posts, read 23,090 times
Don't see a link. But if it's the Greening America's Capitols design, it's not. Not in that form, at least. The grant that paid for that was solely to get an idea of what Slack could become. When it is eventually redone, it will be different, though the hope is that it will take into account a lot of what that report suggested.

If you haven't heard of the Imagine Charleston initiative, look it up and get involved. We're redoing the entire comprehensive plan for the city. I actually was just at a presentation on Tuesday morning in which the consulting firm that was hired to come up with the plan spent a few hours showing off some of their ideas so far. Slack plaza will potentially become one of the areas of Charleston in the future in which everyone will brag about. I won't go into the details of it currently. But I'll try to upload some photos I took of their design ideas within a few days. It looked amazing.

Within 5 to 10 years, Charleston will start to change. A lot. 20 years from now, I promise you, we'll be the new Chattanooga. We WILL be one of the coolest places to be in the entire Appalachian region. Charleston's future is brighter than ever. This city is about to BOOM.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:15 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWDurham View Post

Within 5 to 10 years, Charleston will start to change. A lot. 20 years from now, I promise you, we'll be the new Chattanooga. We WILL be one of the coolest places to be in the entire Appalachian region. Charleston's future is brighter than ever. This city is about to BOOM.
I've always said that Charleston leaders should take a serious trip (not a "vacation") to Chattanooga and see what they've done with their riverfront area in terms of taking it from a complete dead zone to what is now one of the top tourist destinations in the Southeast. Similar sized city, on a river in a valley so similar layout, A LOT to compare between the two cities and a lot to learn from them.

That being said, there is already an active thread on the Slack Plaza topic... so any more photos/questions/comments should be directed to that thread so there are not two going on at the same time.

LINK: //www.city-data.com/forum/charl...tion-plan.html

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 08-05-2012 at 09:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
View detailed profiles of: