Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 11:38 AM

6,078 posts, read 9,107,153 times

Advertisements

The Charleston Gazette | CURA confident new hotel would be ‘upscale’

CURA is committed to making sure that the proposed hotel on Quarrier Street is upscale and urban!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 11:41 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,483 times
Good, but I would have rather seen "a mixed-use building with housing, retail and office space" rather than yet another hotel. We want people to live in downtown, to invest their lives into it, not just have people passing through and half-filling a redundant development.

Though I suppose something is better than nothing.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
Good, but I would have rather seen "a mixed-use building with housing, retail and office space" rather than yet another hotel. We want people to live in downtown, to invest their lives into it, not just have people passing through and half-filling a redundant development.

Though I suppose something is better than nothing.
I think the attitude of the whole city is, something is better than nothing. But I agree in that a mixed use project with apartments and retail/business would have been a better route. We already have 7 hotels in downtown now with an 8th on the way! If it is a hotel that is built, then it needs to be upscale and urban. My thoughts would be for a Hyatt, Loft, Hilton, etc... I am also curious to see what they would do for parking. Under ground maybe?

Old 09-16-2014, 06:46 AM

Charleston Daily Mail | Charleston has lofty goals

The future for downtown housing is looking bright with two projects coming near completion, and several others in the planning stages.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:37 PM

Charleston Daily Mail | Lofts at park almost finished

I am very impressed with these new lofts. Pison Development has done an incredible job rehabing this building into a beautiful addition to the city. Evedentially a "high-end" restaurant will be locate don the first floor. With this, as well as the other projects along Smith Street, the Warehouse District will be a great urban neighborhood for the city!

Old 01-14-2015, 12:33 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,483 times
I drove past the Shrewsbury Village development today on my lunch break. Looks like work is about 60% complete, with most of building shape in place. They have windows in but need to apply the facade and obviously do the interior. I'd say it'll be done by the summer. I was pleasantly surprised by the addition and it should make for a great development in that area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston