Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2019, 09:11 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,147,712 times

Advertisements

I've driven out Davis Creek a couple times in the last few weeks and it looks like almost all of the houses and structures have been torn down. It's good to see some progress being made on the project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2019, 11:46 AM

16,660 posts, read 15,651,806 times
When I was driving out of Riverwalk about an hours ago, I saw two dump trucks coming out of the Park Place area. They were empty, but I was unable to tell if they brought dirt in from Jefferson Road. There is a dirt pile. There is also a huge gravel pile. When I first saw it, I thought maybe they were burying a Pharaoh. It looks like something is starting to happen there.

Old 11-02-2019, 12:07 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,070,301 times
It may just be your first thought, burying a Pharoah. I only say this because I thought the dirt moving on Jefferson Road wasn’t expected to begin this fall.
So, if it is indeed what you initially thought it was. Where would they find an Egyptian high priest this day and age? That raises so many questions

Old 11-03-2019, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
It may just be your first thought, burying a Pharoah. I only say this because I thought the dirt moving on Jefferson Road wasn’t expected to begin this fall.
So, if it is indeed what you initially thought it was. Where would they find an Egyptian high priest this day and age? That raises so many questions
The pile big enough to look like the beginning of a pyramid was the gravel pile. The dirt pile is much smaller and sits further back on the property.

I'm still looking for a suitable candidate for internment.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:15 PM

There were guys with big trucks and machines moving gravel around down there today. It's possible that something may materialize someday.

Old 12-14-2019, 04:47 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,147,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There were guys with big trucks and machines moving gravel around down there today. It's possible that something may materialize someday.
Here's an idea. Instead of building a new shopping center, why not just turn the property into one of those tourism type draws where people come and pay to drive and use the heavy equipment? I've seen those types of businesses in other areas and apparently they do quite well.

Especially if this property follows a similar disappointing path of lack of development that Tanyard Station has followed in Barboursville.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
Here's an idea. Instead of building a new shopping center, why not just turn the property into one of those tourism type draws where people come and pay to drive and use the heavy equipment? I've seen those types of businesses in other areas and apparently they do quite well.

Especially if this property follows a similar disappointing path of lack of development that Tanyard Station has followed in Barboursville.
I often refer to those big machines as "big boy toys." The big boys have been playing with their big boy toys down there.

Old 12-14-2019, 10:27 AM

6,067 posts, read 9,088,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post

How about instead of there, we have that kind of attraction at the Town Center, where tourist and locals can take turns tearing down the likes of Macy’s and Sears. I’d personally love to drive one of the big dump trucks.

Old 12-28-2019, 02:24 PM

They have a lot of trucks, digging machines, and an office trailer on the site now. There is a lot of the land has been moved around and covered with gravel. There is still a chance that something will be built there.

Old 12-29-2019, 01:37 PM

6,067 posts, read 9,088,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
They have a lot of trucks, digging machines, and an office trailer on the site now. There is a lot of the land has been moved around and covered with gravel. There is still a chance that something will be built there.
Waiting on the State to rebuild Jefferson Rd will really slow down any progress on this project considering they are dependent on the dirt. Regardless of if this company builds or not (no reason for suspect them not to), the site work that has already been done to the property will make it valuable for any developer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston