Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:36 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,393,677 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: No personal attacks, insults, or flaming How many of these did you all attend when george bush was rachetting up the deficit??? It's laughable!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 06:36 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,311,245 times
If that was a Blood Pressure Chart...we would be having a stroke about now...
No wonder everybody is taking about this!

I missed it...Missed Rosa Parks too!

To the previous poster:

It's gathering and racheting...George Bush should be in Capitals...Additional space after first incomplete sentence and second incomplete sentence. You use the phrase 'you all...are you from the south?...

I was expecting Ivy League here until you gave it away? I'll bet you're from Mississippi.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:41 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,372,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookamus View Post
Hey Vec, remember the speaker saying he contacted byrd and rockefeller's offices and got no response? The crowd booed!
Mollohan too simply ignored the invitation.

This AM the news said Obama had not even heard of the Tea Parties. How could his office not have heard of it?
Either his office was lying about it or they are REALLY out of touch with mainstream America.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
If that was a Blood Pressure Chart...we would be having a stroke about now...
No wonder everybody is taking about this!

I missed it...Missed Rosa Parks too!

To the previous poster:

It's gathering and racheting...George Bush should be in Capitals...Additional space after first incomplete sentence and second incomplete sentence. You use the phrase 'you all...are you from the south?...

I was expecting Ivy League here until you gave it away? I'll bet you're from Mississippi.
I'd never write george bush's name in capital letters. He's undeserving of the smallest signs of respect.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:12 PM

2,021 posts, read 4,613,071 times
Why don't we just call this like it is...a group of individuals coming out to protest things that they simply don't want to pay for. I didn't want to pay for massive increases to the defense budget that your boy George W. put in place but did I say anything about it? NO. My objections would accomplish virtually nothing. The "tea party" (see my other post about the historical inaccuracy) will do the exact same thing...accomplish nothing.

Obama probably didn't hear about the "tea party" because mainstream America wasn't participating in it. The one in downtown DC drew maybe 500 to 1,000 people in a metropolitan area of over 8 million, not exactly what I would consider significant. The protest here also was very unorganized...first they were going to dump tea in the Potomac River then they decided it would be better to do it at Lafayette Park near the White House. The group brought in a massive truck filled with tea but it was turned away because it didnt have a permit. It is of course illegal in DC to do such a thing without a permit. The party was later shut down by the Secret Service because one of the crazies threw a package onto the White House lawn. Again, nothing accomplished.

What I find so amusing about the whole thing is that it has the support of people like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. If something like this had happened when a Republican was in office the protesters would have been labeled as "treasonous" and "un-American." I also guarantee that many of the so called conservatives in West Virginia would have no objection if the government gave a bailout to a coal company. Hypocrisy at its finest!

Last edited by NOVAmtneer82; 04-15-2009 at 07:43 PM..

Old 04-15-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
It's not just the conservatives. Liberals too are tired of the elitist corruption and disconnect with the public. Politicians of every stripe have been ignoring the wishes of the people and the people are getting tired of it. Folks want to vote them all out of office and start from scratch with all new faces in government.

It is not unrealistic to think that we might see both Sarah Palin and Dennis Kocinich taking a larger part in national politics in the coming years. At least the sense is those guys will listen to the people.
Dennis Kocinich maybe but Sarah Palin?? Come on..that woman is borderline certifiable! Her family life is like one big episode of Jerry Springer. If the Republican Party wants to guarantee further losses in 2010 and 2012 all they have to do is let her in.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneeratheart View Post
Dennis Kocinich maybe but Sarah Palin?? Come on..that woman is borderline certifiable! Her family life is like one big episode of Jerry Springer. If the Republican Party wants to guarantee further losses in 2010 and 2012 all they have to do is let her in.

Well stated! But it behooves America to let the "Palins" of the world continue talking and making a presence. The more she talks, the less chances of republican comeback in 2012. Go Sarah Go!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Well stated! But it behooves America to let the "Palins" of the world continue talking and making a presence. The more she talks, the less chances of republican comeback in 2012. Go Sarah Go!
I agree, hopefully they will put her front and center.

Did anyone else notice that the only major media network dedicating extensive coverage to these "tea parties" is Fox News? It's non stop coverage literally hour after hour after hour, makes it seem like they are somehow involved in this campaign.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,136 times
I listen to the news everyday in shock of what is happening in Washington....and abroad. I just earned a degree...have two children to care for...and if at one point I would have had to pay taxes for a death penalty when my parents passed away...my children and I would have had to applied for welfare. I can't believe what is happening today....do you people know our total tax? Sales, federal, state etc...........add it up! Much of the current US leaders votes came from those who don’t balance a check book, have any savings etc…..why should they care…they have everything to gain from those who work, educate themselves and save.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:45 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,778,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Also see Ten Tax Facts about the propsed spending:
Ten Tax Facts for Tax Day Tea Parties (http://news.prnewswire.com/ViewContent.aspx?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/04-01-2009/0004998835&EDATE - broken link)=

Of course, the media is putting all kinds of spins on the Tea parties -- it really tickles me.
Sorry to rain on your parade but... they have many of their own agendas. If you can live with their agendas, it's all good.

http://mediatransparency.org/recipie...ecipientID=171

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...icy_Innovation
Quote:
In its 2004 annual IRS return IPI lists 26 reports in English and gave testimony before Congressional committees twice. Of the reports ten related to policy affecting the drug industry (such as prescription drug policy and reimportation), eight were supporting social security privatization, four were on communications policy (such as opposing municipal broadband networks), one was on opensource software, another on internet taxation and two on general topics. Its congressional testimony was backing the deregulation of wireline communications in Texas and support for social security privatization.
IPI runs IPBlog.org, a weblog presenting a pro-"intellectual property" perspective. [6] The site frequently features personal attacks on its ideological opponents.
Freedom of speech, so long as you agree with me. We heart Reagan. We heart NAFTA. Healthcare reform= Fascism. Deregulation so long as it permits monopoly, otherwise, regulate to favor proprietary rights only. We only want microsoft, no need for other OS. Lets only have one broadband, and one television station, that controls all 300 channels. Maybe this think tank didn't do enough thinking? Or maybe 1.5 million in 501 c donations is just enough to tell anyone, even your congressman, what they think they want to hear.

the latest in a series of attacks on Open Source by think tanks:
http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2004/06/tanks.php

Mary and Joseph were tax reform fans, you should be too! :
http://ipi.httpsvc.vitalstreamcdn.com/ipi_vitalstream_com/Christmas.mp3 (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston