Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 04:23 PM

12 posts, read 64,065 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are looking for suggestions as to which company to go for for homeowners insurance in Charlotte, NC. I have quotes from a couple of them like All State, Erie, State Farm, Nationwide. In addition to better rates we would like to know who is better at customer service and settling claims (that's most important)

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 04:31 PM

12 posts, read 119,418 times
Default Geico

Geico had the best rates that I could find. You can get an internet quote.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:33 PM

3,364 posts, read 9,984,558 times
I went with State Farm

Old 06-19-2007, 04:37 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,366,226 times
I get a discount through Liberty Mutual, so I went with them. I also gt the multi-policy discount since I have car insurance through them. They will knock some off if you have a four year degree too. Most people i work with use them and said they are good with settlements for auto claims. From the wikipedia:

Liberty Mutual has historically stayed away from aggressive television and radio advertisements but is able to maintain its size through a form of affinity marketing known internally as Group Savings Plus. The company hires account executives to establish amicable business relationships with qualified employers, professional associations and college alumni associations. The members of these groups are allowed a discount because of their qualified status as usually higher education is considered one of the best signs of a good insurance risk. Liberty Mutual will then market to these groups and rely on targeted advertising within the accounts and word of mouth to promote growth.

Last edited by groove1; 06-19-2007 at 05:14 PM..

Old 06-19-2007, 06:51 PM

928 posts, read 3,839,541 times
Loved state farm when I was their customer.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:43 PM

462 posts, read 1,837,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetounion View Post
Geico had the best rates that I could find. You can get an internet quote.
I too went this route.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:30 PM

117 posts, read 404,736 times
I found Erie Insurance to be the cheapest, great coverage and their customer service is great!

Old 06-19-2007, 08:31 PM

174 posts, read 474,977 times
If you get a quote from the same company that handles your car insurance, that should be the cheapest quote you should find. As far as settling claims, the only experience I have seen was a friend of mine had a fire destroy his home completely, and Allstate did a great job every step of the way. Hope this helps.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:33 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,912,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
I get a discount through Liberty Mutual, so I went with them. I also gt the multi-policy discount since I have car insurance through them. They will knock some off if you have a four year degree too. Most people i work with use them and said they are good with settlements for auto claims. From the wikipedia:

Liberty Mutual has historically stayed away from aggressive television and radio advertisements but is able to maintain its size through a form of affinity marketing known internally as Group Savings Plus. The company hires account executives to establish amicable business relationships with qualified employers, professional associations and college alumni associations. The members of these groups are allowed a discount because of their qualified status as usually higher education is considered one of the best signs of a good insurance risk. Liberty Mutual will then market to these groups and rely on targeted advertising within the accounts and word of mouth to promote growth.

I've had Liberty Mutual for years for auto, home, life. The rates were great. I transferred with them here in Charlotte. I don't have a bad thing to say about them. They've always been great!

Old 06-19-2007, 08:40 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,698,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I've had Liberty Mutual for years for auto, home, life. The rates were great. I transferred with them here in Charlotte. I don't have a bad thing to say about them. They've always been great!
Ditto on that! Love Liberty Mutual!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte