Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 08:08 PM

972 posts, read 2,443,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
There was no misinterpreting to it. You said home sellers will attempt to ruin the reputation of nasty buyers by telling people in the neighborhood these people are a PITA. And therefore these buyers need to remember this. Your words, not mine.

Dear heart, it's a business transaction, nothing else. emotions, reputation, friendships, popularity, etc etc etc have no place in it. No need to get upset with me as well for pointing this out.
Thanks, sweetie. "Attempt" is your word. That implies something very different from what I was saying, as others obviously were able to understand.

It would be wonderful if emotions played no role in buying a home, but that is rarely the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 08:16 PM

972 posts, read 2,443,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I understood what you were saying & you're right. Karma has a way of balancing things out. I'd rather not give Karma something that needs balancing.
Great advice to live by!

Old 07-25-2010, 04:47 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,209,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msm_teacher View Post

It would be wonderful if emotions played no role in buying a home, but that is rarely the case.
Some people may get emotional, maybe hysterically so, when it comes to selling (or buying) a home, but the only thing that matters is what is on the papers that are signed in order to conduct the sale. You won't find on these papers such things as if the buyer makes demands I don't like then I will go and tell all his new neighbors the buyer is a PITA. Or, maybe, I have best friends that I am leaving so the buyer owes me something...... Or I think the buyer is "nasty" because they are being tough and are not offering me what I think the place is worth. (i.e. translates to I paid too much for the place) Or, I didn't read what I signed, now I am mad and deserve something because I didn't do my homework.

I agree that some people get emotional because of those things, but the emotions are irrelevant. Yelling screaming gossiping only serve to make things worse for the party that is doing it. In the end, what is on those papers is all that matters. It's a business transaction.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:09 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Good question Mikey, but don't muddy the waters here and confuse BlueDiamond, lol!! That question really has nothing to do with her concern

I am very concerned about a realtor who would support their client in thinking that keeping a house in the MLS until close is "unethical". It is not at all unethical and is common practice.
These days the sellers need to protect themselves and that's not a bad idea to list the house 10K below for backup. It seems like the sellers had a bottom line and Blue Diamond didn't hit it. Had Blue Diamond hit the bottom line the sellers would have probably kept the listing as the price agreed upon by Blue Diamond.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:39 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb0927 View Post
While under contract in a real estate transaction and the buyer finds out the seller removed a fixture can the contract become null and void and have to renegotiate?
Okay - where did this person go? We have asked the questions necessary to find out what advice we can give him/her - but where did they go?

As a sidebar to this poster's query . . . I would add as a caveat to SELLERS: anything you don't want to convey, spell it out. Things are getting ridiculous as MSM_Teacher tried to outline.

I have been hearing ridiculous stories . . . and I have been through some crazy situations myself. Even tho I clearly wrote out that all draperies in the house DID NOT CONVEY, the buyer got into a snit over this AFTER acceptance of the offer. I gave in on some of the drapes (the rest matched custom bedspreads, for heaven's sake!) Then she came back and wanted the drapes and custom bedspreads! You gotta be kidding me!

Then it was the fridge . . . it just went on and on.

I at least had the good sense to take down expensive chandeliers and replace them with others BEFORE I put the house on the market, or doubtless that would have been a bone of contention, even if I had put a note that it didn't convey in the listing.

Just be aware - folks are willing to fight over everything these days, cause so many are looking for every item that can make them feel they are getting a "bargain." This is not always the case, of course . . . but save yourself the headache and either remove the stuff you intend to take with you BEFORE listing the house, or make sure it is clearly outlined what doesn't convey.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:49 PM

94 posts, read 248,488 times
I only made it to page 4 of this thread. I was getting a headache trying to read and understand the OP's posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte