Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 09:16 AM

385 posts, read 890,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Yes!!! that is what happened.
And thats who's fault again???

She/he is licensed to sell RE in NC period. Whether or not she/he is any good at it would be up for you to determine upon interviewing the agent to see if they can best represent your needs in what is typically one's biggest purchases/investments. References??? Maybe read the website and see the blurb about FL???

Again, I don't mean this as a personal attack, but if you are not moving down here for an immediate job you may want to rethink it.

We are kind and forgiving folk here, but we don't take likely to those who screw up and look to place the blame on others
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 09:18 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,569,264 times
I agree with Mikey - I think BD has realized he/she could probably have 'purchased' the home for much less and is having buyers remorse. A competent agent would have likely prevented this situation.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:19 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Does not matter, we have an opt out on our current house and will cancel the contract. Will wait before we move. This time, I will find a realtor that has experience in NC, knows the area and knows the schools!

So you are saying you will crush someone elses dream now and back out of the contract your buyers for your home have with you?? That doesn't seem very nice

I would say, sell while you have a buyer! You don't know how long it might take to find another one. Then you'll be free to buy the next house you fall in love with WITHOUT contingencies.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:19 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Let me take this a step further and perhaps you will see that you are being unreasonable and over-reacting to a non-issue.

When I put an offer on the house I am in right now, here was the situation.

1. My house was under contract and had a closing date set
2. I fully negotiated an offer, which was accepted, by the Seller here in Charlotte.
3. The Seller here not only continued showing the house, it was listed as such in MLS.
4. The Seller was nervous about the fact that my house in KS had not yet sold, so they asked for a larger Escrow Check.
5. I refused to give them a larger Escrow Check.
6. Instead, I gave them a statement from the Buyer's Agent (with the Buyer's permission) for my house that I was selling, stating the terms of my house's sale and the terms of the Buyer's loan (from their lender)

I guess I could have been insulted if I were like you and saw all this as some kind of affront. Instead, I saw it as good business.

If this house that I am now in had not closed, I would have been out of an additional fee that you have not paid, as I paid a structural engineering firm to come in and do a report on this house, at a cost to me (out of pocket) of $850.

It's all business - nothing more.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:20 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Does not matter, we have an opt out on our current house and will cancel the contract. Will wait before we move. This time, I will find a realtor that has experience in NC, knows the area and knows the schools!
So you're doing this just to spite your realtor, now???

If you love the house, which you admitted that you do, why on Earth would you opt out of the contract and wait? I'm very confused here....

Old 07-11-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Now who is "immoral?"

Old 07-11-2010, 09:23 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,630,594 times
Quote:
I have no issues at all with the house still being listing and contigent, that is the way my house is right now as well

What I do have an issue with is that they dropped the price on the MLS - and apparently the office that we are dealing with sees a problem with it.

I just hope we can get out of the contract, and put a bid on another house.
uuuggh?? am I having a duhh momenyt? what is their incentive to sell their house for LESS???

Old 07-11-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
uuuggh?? am I having a duhh momenyt? what is their incentive to sell their house for LESS???
LOL! Excellent point.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:33 AM

529 posts, read 1,203,478 times
Unhappy I got a headache from reading this thread.

From your other thread on this issue:"

Quote:
. . . Here is the situation: House listed for $350,00, we agree on $330,000. We now have a full contract signed by both parties. We come home from our trip to find the house on the MLS listed for $330,000.
Explain to me how does this hurt you?

Old 07-11-2010, 09:39 AM

116 posts, read 298,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
So you are saying you will crush someone elses dream now and back out of the contract your buyers for your home have with you?? That doesn't seem very nice

I would say, sell while you have a buyer! You don't know how long it might take to find another one. Then you'll be free to buy the next house you fall in love with WITHOUT contingencies.
Like everyone else here BD4, I am seeing this as a non-issue and do not understand why it is bothering you. The spouse and I relocated here 6 years ago, and they kept the house we had an OTP online until a couple of days after we had gone through with the contract and bought the house. No big deal. So they dropped the price 10K online. If it's a great house, let this go. Your Florida realtor is uninformed about NC. Florida is even more of a buyer beware state than NC.

As a side note, if you are currently living in the Brevard County area in Florida, you should be incredibly thankful you have someone who wants to buy your house. You house prices are going to continue to sink like a stone down there because of all that is going on (losing shuttle program, oil spills in FL, very bad economy, etc.) You'd be smart to get out of there now before you can get even less for your house than you are now. Trust me, all the half-backs like it here. We have a few in our neighborhood. Good luck with the move (if you still plan to move) it probably was one of the most stressful experience the spouse and I have had in our many years of marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte