Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 09:44 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ignatowski View Post
Like everyone else here BD4, I am seeing this as a non-issue and do not understand why it is bothering you. The spouse and I relocated here 6 years ago, and they kept the house we had an OTP online until a couple of days after we had gone through with the contract and bought the house. No big deal. So they dropped the price 10K online. If it's a great house, let this go. Your Florida realtor is uninformed about NC. Florida is even more of a buyer beware state than NC.

As a side note, if you are currently living in the Brevard County area in Florida, you should be incredibly thankful you have someone who wants to buy your house. You house prices are going to continue to sink like a stone down there because of all that is going on (losing shuttle program, oil spills in FL, very bad economy, etc.) You'd be smart to get out of there now before you can get even less for your house than you are now. Trust me, all the half-backs like it here. We have a few in our neighborhood. Good luck with the move (if you still plan to move) it probably was one of the most stressful experience the spouse and I have had in our many years of marriage.
Good advice! And moving IS stressful. It impacted us in many ways, too, and I am a native! We really liked the midwest and it took us several years to really get used to living here in Charlotte. We also found that without kids in the school system, it was a lot longer process to meet folks and create a new social network.

I think the OP is not from FL but rather from the NE, btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 AM

972 posts, read 2,443,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
What the heck is a "no price reduction addendum"???

A seller can list and sell their home for whatever price they see fit, at least in NC, no matter how much they want to reduce it.
Her post was actually just a cut and paste of someone else's reply to her problem in a thread on the real estate professionals' board - link to that thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/real-...l#post14989778

Actual original post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I would guess this is a list price to sold price manipulation by the listing agent.

I would also venture a guess that there is no price reduction addendum to the listing contract.

I would venture another guess that the listing agent will so the appraiser the MLS report making the appraiser think it's a fair market value full price offer.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 AM

575 posts, read 1,515,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
I'm telling you - per my original reply... The OP wants to believe they got a "deal" here by closing 10k below listing price. It's upsetting them for no real reason beyond realizing they probably overpaid.

The seller protecting themselves by updating the listing makes perfect sense. I'm guessing the OP DID overpay (the seller was willing to take less).
You hit the nail on the head. They NOW realize that they have overpaid for the house and are trying to create a straw man to try to wiggle out of the deal.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Does not matter, we have an opt out on our current house and will cancel the contract. Will wait before we move. This time, I will find a realtor that has experience in NC, knows the area and knows the schools!
I just read this and am flabbergasted. You would pull something like that on another family just because of...well I don't know. You still haven't be able to expain what the real problem is in a way that anyone else would find it to be an issue.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:51 AM

116 posts, read 298,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I think the OP is not from FL but rather from the NE, btw.
Oh, I missed that. I guess I'd have to go back and see where I went wrong thinking he was selling a house in Brevard County Florida. From what little I am on the board these days, I am seeing there is a mass exodus from the NE as well. I hope these folks realize (no matter where they are coming from) that while our housing here is so much more affordable, the job situation is very bad here, just as bad as anywhere in the country. The best advice is to stay where you have a sure thing in terms of employment.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondplayer View Post
You hit the nail on the head. They NOW realize that they have overpaid for the house and are trying to create a straw man to try to wiggle out of the deal.
What makes the OP think that just b/c the house is now listed at the price they negotiated, that the Seller would accept an offer from anyone for a LOWER price?

This makes no sense to me at all, lol.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:01 AM

385 posts, read 890,473 times
Moderator cut: tos violation

-She has written a gazillion threads here about relocating here over the last few months.

-Has written off the entire state of SC b/c it has alligators and palmetto bugs. (wait til she finds out there is at least one gator in Norman and Wylie!).

-Started a thread to give advice to everyone wanting to move here and how to research everything correctly and fully (except maybe how to interview a RE agent and at least ask them if they know if 485 is completed or not).

Then in the span of 45 min on Sunday morning has not only decided to walk away from everything due to a price on the internet, but that it is also time to SUE!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-13-2010 at 03:40 AM..

Old 07-11-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmetto75 View Post
-Has written off the entire state of SC b/c it has alligators and palmetto bugs. (wait til she finds out there is at least one gator in Norman and Wylie!).
Did anyone tell her about the bears here?

Old 07-11-2010, 10:04 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msm_teacher View Post

I did!!!

Old 07-11-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm_teacher View Post
And coyotes? And snakes? And palmetto bugs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte