Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 02:10 PM

167 posts, read 689,598 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are coming down to look at possibly moving to NC. But, we are also Nascar fans. We are going spend one day (Friday) in Mooresville to see some of the Race shops. Any suggestions for a 1 day visit? My wife is a big Jr fan. We are staying in Mooresville Friday night and leaving the next morning to look at SE Charlotte and Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 02:46 PM

876 posts, read 3,792,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipbags View Post
My wife and I are coming down to look at possibly moving to NC. But, we are also Nascar fans. We are going spend one day (Friday) in Mooresville to see some of the Race shops. Any suggestions for a 1 day visit? My wife is a big Jr fan. We are staying in Mooresville Friday night and leaving the next morning to look at SE Charlotte and Charlotte.
I think you can call ahead and get personal tours of the raceshops, might want to do that... all the raceshops are located within a close proximity of one another, so seeing multiple shops in one day is possible...

Old 06-21-2007, 05:23 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Hendrix is in Concord and Joe Gibbs is in Huntersvile the one in huntersville is off exit 23 as you are heading into charlotte take a right off ramp and turn left at next light Into "The Park" and it will be about less 1/2 mile on right 2nd road. If you got time to squeeze that one .

DEI Is off Higway 3 (of course) in mooresville

Old 06-21-2007, 05:24 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times
I have a good friend that works for Racing Limos Charlotte NC Limousine Service Charlotte North Carolina Hummer Limo Charlotte NC Racing Limousines Charlotte Themed Limo (broken link)

They organize customized race shop tours, if you're interesting in "Classing it up a bit". Check them out!!!

I've been through the Roush Racing shop in Concord and had a great experience.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:23 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,825,036 times
If you go to Lowe's Motor Speedway, at the entrance you will see flag poles and steps leading up to glass doors. Park, go up the steps, through the glass doors and to your left will be their gift shop. Just ask the guy at the counter for a map to the shops, he will give you a piece of paper will all the shops listed and a map, free of charge. Hendrick Motorsports is just a couple miles down the road and then DEI about 10 or 15 miles from thier. At DEI you can buy a lugnut off of Jr.s car for a dollar and yes I have one and one from the 24 car. I also have a 24 BBQ cover, Jr cat collar and Jr dog water bowl. Those race shops are tough on the wallet! Oh at Lowe's you can sign up for a hot lap around the track. I think it's $5 per person? Call ahead. Have a great time.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:30 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Oh at Lowe's you can sign up for a hot lap around the track. I think it's $5 per person? Call ahead. Have a great time.
The tour itself is five bucks. You hop in one of those white vans and they take around around and in the track. The fastest they get is somewhere approaching 80 mph. The one that you have to call ahead for is the one where you actually get into the race car and travel that track at race speeds. It's something like three laps at a 99 bucks (it might be more but I'm not sure).

Old 06-23-2007, 08:48 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,825,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
The tour itself is five bucks. You hop in one of those white vans and they take around around and in the track. The fastest they get is somewhere approaching 80 mph. The one that you have to call ahead for is the one where you actually get into the race car and travel that track at race speeds. It's something like three laps at a 99 bucks (it might be more but I'm not sure).
Cool, thanks for the scoop. I have heard it's worth the $5.

Old 06-24-2007, 02:54 PM

876 posts, read 3,792,173 times
$5? Man, that 3laps in the racecar for $99 is a deal too! Sign me up! LOL...

Old 06-24-2007, 04:18 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
$5? Man, that 3laps in the racecar for $99 is a deal too! Sign me up! LOL...
I think it's 99 bucks for the three laps in race car, don't quote me. The tour of the Speedway itself is really good. You'll do that tour more than once, especially for the price.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:18 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,376,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipbags View Post
What hotel will you be staying at in Mooresville? Exit 36 on I-77 is right in the middle of all of the race shops in Mooresville. Most of the hotels have info brochures in their lobbies (I know the Holiday Inn Express has them). They have maps of where all the race shops are & the racing museum. JR Motorsports is located at 349 Cayuga Dr. You can check out his website to get info on shops tours, etc. DEI is on Hwy 3, there are signs along Hwy 150 to direct you there. It's Hwy 150 to Hwy 3 (McDonalds on your left/ABC Store on your right)...make the right onto Hwy 3 & DEI is about 4-5 miles down the road. You'll go across railroad tracks into town, past Harris Village subdivision(on your left-that's where I live). You can't miss it, it's a HUGE white bldg with black iron fencing all around it.

There's also a visitors shop in downtown Mooresville called Race City, USA (intersection of Hwy 3 & Main St.) next to Gibson Bros. Furniture. They have info & maps in there as well.

ENJOY your visit!

BxRosie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte