U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 03:24 PM

8 posts, read 13,166 times

Advertisements

I am 22 yr old female & i currently live in WI with my fiance we currently pay $450 for rent. There is no reason in paticular that i want to move to charlotte, but I have always wanted to go there. I am looking for an affordable & a safe place to live, & is also wondering how the job market is . I am currently looking for employment, & also living residence but I really dont know where too look. Please help
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 03:53 PM

23,773 posts, read 30,933,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjackson2006 View Post
I am 22 yr old female & i currently live in WI with my fiance we currently pay $450 for rent. There is no reason in paticular that i want to move to charlotte, but I have always wanted to go there. I am looking for an affordable & a safe place to live, & is also wondering how the job market is . I am currently looking for employment, & also living residence but I really dont know where too look. Please help
What kind of work would you be looking for?

Are you expecting to pay $450 a month for rent?

Old 08-02-2010, 04:03 PM

Im curently in Customer Service right know handling the WI state Medicaid. so im looking to stayin the the Call Center Customer Service Area, & no im looking to pay no more than $650 if possible..My cousin actually stay in the 28214 area, but we dont talk much.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:19 PM

23,773 posts, read 30,933,397 times
Quote:
Im curently in Customer Service right know handling the WI state Medicaid. so im looking to stayin the the Call Center Customer Service Area, & no im looking to pay no more than $650 if possible..My cousin actually stay in the 28214 area, but we dont talk much.
Do you have your heart set on being in Charlotte?

There is a call center in Hickory & I know of another near Charlotte, but not in the city. I believe that there are some call centers in Charlotte. You could search this board for call center. Whether they are hiring, I don't know. Unemployment is high, just like everywhere else.

If you find something near Charlotte rather than in it, you would have lower rent & you could still go to Charlotte for entertainment.

You might want to look in Raleigh to see if there is a job similar to what you do now.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:57 PM

4,010 posts, read 9,482,577 times
Quote:
.... There is no reason in paticular that i want to move to charlotte, but I have always wanted to go there. I am looking for an affordable & a safe place to live, & is also wondering how the job market is . I am currently looking for employment, & also living residence but I really dont know where too look. Please help
What you are looking for doesn't exist here. There are no jobs and a $450/month apt will be in a dump in a high crime area and the cost of living isn't that great. Madison is a very nice place, consider staying there before coming here to a bunch of heartbreak, trials and tribulations.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:24 AM

9,974 posts, read 9,929,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
What you are looking for doesn't exist here. There are no jobs and a $450/month apt will be in a dump in a high crime area and the cost of living isn't that great. Madison is a very nice place, consider staying there before coming here to a bunch of heartbreak, trials and tribulations.
This is great advice ..You sound like you are moving for the sake of moving....it the worst thing you can do.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:55 AM

595 posts, read 1,512,189 times
Quote:

Agree. There is no safe place to live for $450 unless you get a roommate that splits the rent. Unless you find a good paying job, don't move down here.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:31 AM

85 posts, read 181,390 times
Quote:
this isnt necessarily true. there are apartments around the university area where she could live for that price.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:36 PM

Im not worried about paying higher rent, that is just the rent that i pay, in Madison. But as for the sake of moving yeah, I grew up here & im tired of the same ol, Same ol "Nothing" & it is very exspinsive . There isn't really anything that is keeping me here except some family. I dont have too live in charlotte, but i would like to live in a safe place, that isnt too far from charlotte. I woulnd't ever move anywhere without a job oppurtunity ever.. so that would be out of the question. I appreciate you comments, keep them comming

Old 08-04-2010, 04:58 PM

21,278 posts, read 11,589,024 times
Have you visited Charlotte, ever? From your original post, it doesn't seem so. If not, what is drawing you to Charlotte, in particular, instead of Atlanta, Nashville, Columbia, Birmingham, etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte