U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2010, 08:16 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,691,499 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any local real estate websites for the areas/towns surrounding Charlotte where I can see the property taxes as well? If there is not real estate website, is there another website I can look at to see the taxes? Also, are there any taxes besides property tax on real estate (besides income tax of course)? For example, in VA, we have to pay a personal property tax on things like cars, boats, etc. In PA, we had to pay an annual 1% tax.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 08:34 AM

23,219 posts, read 12,479,399 times
Yes, we pay yearly property tax on cars, motorcycles, etc.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 62,396,820 times
WARNING

In the terms of service it states
The only area where recommendations are not permitted is real estate, however general responses, such as "we have many helpful and knowledgeable real estate agents on this forum - just DM them" are f

I only know one website that is not specific to one realtor and that is CarolinaHome.com

Please do not say check your direct message DM etc this provides nothing to the thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:20 AM

224 posts, read 429,705 times
I send a lot of my people here:
Tax Information
It's the NC Dept. of Revenue website and answers pretty much
any question you can have regarding NC taxes...you just have to
navigate around for what you are specifically looking for.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:25 AM

6,021 posts, read 9,282,624 times
Many knowledgeable and helpful RE professionals frequent this site...

I prefer the site that Sunny mentions for local searching - carolinahome.com (no S). However, I've recently seen some issues with the CMLS feeds with regards to closing data and there could be issues in the short term since they upgraded recently.

If you provide more details on exactly what you're looking for, you'll get some help here.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:45 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,691,499 times
Thanks everyone.

Mileykid, I have only begun to look so I just wanted to get an idea of what property taxes on houses are and to see if there were other things I needed to consider (ie the personal property tax)...I have no idea of what towns or counties to look in yet, etc.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:50 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,859,566 times
If you are looking in Mecklenburg County, use the Polaris system to look up tax information on a case by case basis: " + theTitle + "

There is a search option where you can enter the address and get detailed information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>