U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2010, 09:43 AM

6 posts, read 8,903 times

Advertisements

(That would be "area" in the above title)...whoops!

Hi...my family and I will be moving to Charlotte witin the next week and a half. We have sooo many appointments that need to be made, but do not know a soul in the area. Specifically in close proximity to the
Providence CC area, would anyone be willing to give me any names for doctors that would come highly recommended?

1)Pediatric Orthodontist
2)Pediatricians
3)General Practitioner
4)OB/GYN
5)Family Dentist

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Last edited by jenlmil; 08-07-2010 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: spelling
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 11:54 AM

149 posts, read 261,503 times
Dr. Sammeral in The fountains!!!! Awesome, friendly & great doctor!!!!! Cole Ortho up across from the arberetum are also great!

Old 08-07-2010, 02:13 PM

148 posts, read 440,883 times
I second Dr. Samarel or his colleagues at Kids First Pediatrics in the fountains. We use Dr. Bird who is a pediatric dentist/ orthodontist further down Ardrey Kell (at Marvin Rd.)

Old 08-09-2010, 08:31 AM

81 posts, read 225,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlmil View Post
(That would be "area" in the above title)...whoops!

Hi...my family and I will be moving to Charlotte witin the next week and a half. We have sooo many appointments that need to be made, but do not know a soul in the area. Specifically in close proximity to the
Providence CC area, would anyone be willing to give me any names for doctors that would come highly recommended?

1)Pediatric Orthodontist
2)Pediatricians
3)General Practitioner
4)OB/GYN
5)Family Dentist

Thanks in advance for any responses!
Welcome to Charlotte! Here are our family's picks and very pleased since my wife and I are both in health care - she is an ICU RN and I am an optometrist.

1) Our kids love going to the dentist because they go to these guys and see Dr. Savage:Laxer, Long and Savage | Charlotte NC | Pediatric Dentist and Orthodontist. I know Dr. Laxer as well and she is great.
2) We see Catalina Brockman, MD at Meridian Medical Group on Providence. Our kids love her!Meridian Medical Group Family: Brockman Catalina MD - Google Maps
3. Ballantyne Medical Group is fabulous. Either Dr Hanrahan or McDonald. Medical Providers
4. Bradford Clinic on Community House off 485 and Johnston Road - 10 min from your house. Dr Bhojwani is excellent. My wife sees him and he came recommended highly from a patient of mine who works there and is a family friend as well. Welcome to the Bradford Clinic Online (http://www.bradfordclinic.com/index.shtml - broken link)
5. Rob Harrell, DDS - Off Rea Road and 485 and across from Laxer Long and Savage. Great for adults! Charlotte Dentist & Charlotte Cosmetic Dentist | Adult Dentistry of Ballantyne

And of course, you might want to see an eye doctor while you are here

Good luck with the move!

Old 08-09-2010, 08:56 AM

42 posts, read 88,320 times
I'm kind of crunchy, here are my thoughts:

My whole family goes to Carolina Family Healthcare for general needs.

I do NOT like Bradford Clinic for OB care. They are very interventionist.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:58 PM

6 posts, read 8,903 times
Thanks to everyone for your input. And to prouddaddy...thank you for your thorough response. Much appreciated! I will check them ALL out.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:58 AM

4 posts, read 6,864 times
Welcome to Charlotte!

Family Doctor/GP:

You CANNOT find better doctors than Carmel Family Physicians. I have seen Dr. Marc Lewin for the past 14 years, my 7 year old son has seen him since 5 days and my new baby will see him. If you want a female doctor - Dr. Kaiser is awesome as well. They are open 7 days a week, and on week-days they have "urgent care" hours until 8 pm. It's also nice to have your whole family in the same place for medical care - they treat from pediatrics to geriatrics.

Orthodontist:

Laxer, Long and Savage are virtually the only people to use for pediatric dentistry or orthodontics. They are INCREDIBLE and best of all, the kids love them!

OB/GYN:

Rankin Women's Center is incredible. I use the Ballantyne Office. I used Charlotte OB/GYN with my first son and they are great as well, but I really like the staff at Rankin Women's Center.

Good luck with your move here...your will LOVE Charlotte!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: