U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 06:53 AM

70 posts, read 227,076 times

Advertisements

Good Day City-Data Family,

I'd like to know if there any skateboarding parks or ramps my 14 year old son to enjoy.

I'd also like to know where I can find dance lessons for my 4 year old daughter.

As always your response is appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 06:58 AM

3,774 posts, read 7,665,260 times
Grayson Skate Park on Eastway. Awesome concrete park and bowl that I still like to skate at age 37!

Our daughter is four, but I have no idea where she takes dance. I kinda let my better half manage that.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:11 AM

673 posts, read 2,556,817 times
Where do you live? There's a skateboarding park in Waxhaw.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:56 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,055,951 times
Yes knowing your location is helpful, there are a lot of dance studios in the area.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
Yes knowing your location is helpful, there are a lot of dance studios in the area.
I'll be in the Northwest section of Charlotte. I drive so I can commute to a dance studio. Thanks

Old 08-15-2010, 09:32 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,055,951 times
Of course you can commute however for four year olds most people want a closer studio. If you were in Moorseville it wouldn't be helpful to recommend a studio in Fort Mill.

Miss Donna's (http://www.missdonnasschoolofdancing.com/index.html - broken link) has a great reputation and the Mt. Holly-Huntersville Rd location may be the closest dance studio to you.

Piedmont School of Music and Dance (http://music-dance.org/dance_descriptions.html - broken link)
Dance Fever Charlotte
Leap of Faith
Dance Productions

In Huntersville

Rhythm in Effect
Pops Performing Arts Academy
Lake Norman Performing Arts
Jordin's Dance Studio

These are just a few. There are many, many more studios in Charlotte and the surrounding cities.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
Of course you can commute however for four year olds most people want a closer studio. If you were in Moorseville it wouldn't be helpful to recommend a studio in Fort Mill.

Miss Donna's (http://www.missdonnasschoolofdancing.com/index.html - broken link) has a great reputation and the Mt. Holly-Huntersville Rd location may be the closest dance studio to you.

Piedmont School of Music and Dance (http://music-dance.org/dance_descriptions.html - broken link)
Dance Fever Charlotte
Leap of Faith
Dance Productions

In Huntersville

Rhythm in Effect
Pops Performing Arts Academy
Lake Norman Performing Arts
Jordin's Dance Studio

These are just a few. There are many, many more studios in Charlotte and the surrounding cities.
Thanks so much NCgirl for all your help!

Old 08-15-2010, 11:08 AM

999 posts, read 4,461,504 times
My daughter just let me know she want's to take dance again (she took it when she was younger, before we moved here), much to my surprise, many of the dance studios start classes THIS week, much earlier than they started where we used to live. So, I would suggest looking for classes today, the list you were given looks great. I did a google map search, put in my address then looked for Dance Studios, then started looking at the ones closest to my home, for an easier commute. Of course we ended up 15+ miles away, but it's what DD wanted to do this year :-)

Old 08-16-2010, 11:48 AM

156 posts, read 385,307 times
I believe there is a large, fairly new indoor skateboarding facility in Cornelius. It is located in Shops on the Green.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>