Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,276 times

Advertisements

I have just been informed that I am being re-assigned to the Charlotte area from Ohio in 4 weeks and I know next to nothing about the area!

I'm a single male in my mid-20's looking for advice on a good community on the south side of the city. I will be working in the Steele Creek / Pineville area. Looking specifically for a reasonable new construction apartment complex in a growing area no more than a 20 minute commute from work. I've heard Charlotte traffic can be almost as bad as Atlanta or Cincinnati, so I'd like to avoid the congestion areas if possible.

Any recommendations are appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 09:00 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bseas View Post
I have just been informed that I am being re-assigned to the Charlotte area from Ohio in 4 weeks and I know next to nothing about the area!

I'm a single male in my mid-20's looking for advice on a good community on the south side of the city. I will be working in the Steele Creek / Pineville area. Looking specifically for a reasonable new construction apartment complex in a growing area no more than a 20 minute commute from work. I've heard Charlotte traffic can be almost as bad as Atlanta or Cincinnati, so I'd like to avoid the congestion areas if possible.

Any recommendations are appreciated!
Since you will be working in the Steele Creek area I highly recommend you LIVE in the Steele Creek area Your commute would be no big deal and there are lots of things to like there, especially if you look to live at Ayrsley. Check them out on line, we can't post real estate or apt links here

Old 08-18-2010, 05:27 AM

81 posts, read 238,590 times
Another area to consider that has a lot to do in the evenings is the Ballantyne area. There is the Post Ballantyne and Marquis at Carmel Commons that are close to it.

The Ballantyne area is a mix of corporate offices and apartments set close to very nice suburban neighborhoods. It is right off of I-485 and Johnston Road. The only issue would be trying to drive on 485 to and from work. Although it is a short drive to steel creek from there, you would be going with the traffic coming and going. If you could get on the road before 7am or after 9am for your commute in the morning, you would miss most of it however.

Welcome to Charlotte!

Old 08-18-2010, 06:49 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,702,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Since you will be working in the Steele Creek area I highly recommend you LIVE in the Steele Creek area Your commute would be no big deal and there are lots of things to like there, especially if you look to live at Ayrsley. Check them out on line, we can't post real estate or apt links here
I would suggest Ayrsley as well...although I live there, so I'm a bit biased. You can find links for their apartment complexes at About Ayrsley.

The Gramercy Square apartments are only about a year old.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:50 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
I would 2nd the suggestion of Ayrsley (I live there, as well) and Grammercy Square. That's where I'd live, if I was in your situation...

Old 08-18-2010, 10:15 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,702,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I would 2nd the suggestion of Ayrsley (I live there, as well) and Grammercy Square. That's where I'd live, if I was in your situation...
Ok...well....Hooligan does live here, but there are many other positive factors which outweight that

In all seriousness, I think it is what you may be looking for. The development is a mix of two apartment complexes and a few housing developments that are also mixed in with some restaurants and shops. It is a newer development and I would say that the majority of the residents are "young professionals", although there are some families here with kids, there are not a lot of them.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:23 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,992,422 times
If Ayersly doesn't work for you, you can also look down 49 (Tryon) down by Hwy 160. I lived there for my first year and liked living down there. Rivergate is there for some good shopping.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:34 PM

457 posts, read 1,377,552 times
I sent you a DM re: Gramercy Square @ Ayrsely, I currently work there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte