Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2010, 09:50 AM

55 posts, read 188,413 times

Advertisements

I feel like I've been on the verge of death with this stomach virus for the past few days and wondered if anyone else in the area has experienced this? I heard there were outbreaks in S.C., Raleigh and Moore County, NC in the past few weeks, but haven't heard of any in Mecklenburg. I'm on day 3 and can eat a little bit finally, but still feel nauseous. I wouldn't wish this on anyone!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 10:22 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,289,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacherchick24 View Post
I feel like I've been on the verge of death with this stomach virus for the past few days and wondered if anyone else in the area has experienced this? I heard there were outbreaks in S.C., Raleigh and Moore County, NC in the past few weeks, but haven't heard of any in Mecklenburg. I'm on day 3 and can eat a little bit finally, but still feel nauseous. I wouldn't wish this on anyone!!

I had the same virus last week while I was there house hunting. I actually had to stay in bed for 1 whole day with nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and just feeling like I had been run over by a truck. It took about 6 days before I felt better.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:53 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,959,040 times
I've been on Cipro for a couple weeks so hopefully I'll be spared.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:56 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
The CDC issued a notice recently that Norwalk virus is spreading rapidly in many areas. CNN had a tiny bit of info on this . . . and yes, folks here in MECK are getting it - I myself came down with it last week . . . and another friend reports today that he has it. It is definitely here!

Old 02-24-2010, 12:34 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,361,611 times
This sounds like something that made its way around my house a few weeks ago. It was horrible Everyone got it.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:21 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
I'm just beginning to get over it. No vomiting, but everything else came on hard and fast. If you feel it coming on, stay home! I don't want to get this crap again and I don't wish it on anyone else.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:33 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,362,410 times
My friend, her son, and granddaughter in Fayetville all had it .

Old 02-24-2010, 04:52 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,564 times
We have it here in the Burlington/Graham area. I've had a few neighbors hit hard, but at the school where I work it seems to be the 24 hour one. I got it Monday when I was at home for lunch, thankfully and was done with it literally 24 hours later.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacherchick24 View Post
What county are you in? We are in Union County and there are 7 of us in the home and all of us but 1 have had it. I am on my third day though the fever is gone the dizziness and other stomach symptoms are still here. Last weekend we had a 3 year old from Mecklenburg to come over on Friday with it and Sat my daughter had it than Sunday my niece came over from Mecklenburg with it. It rapidly spread from one to the other in our home and with everyone else who had contact with all over last weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte