Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:00 PM

237 posts, read 855,792 times

Advertisements

Ok, I know they dont have anything to do with each other, LOL .....Being from NY, does anyone know where to get a good bagel from down here. Ive got some good ideas for pizza, but how about bagels. Also, is there any info on martial arts schools, I havent seen much on that. Any info is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 05:20 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,800,621 times
Bagels....the age old question asked by every northerner around. I've been down here a while, but Panera Bread has good ones, the the french toast or cinnamon crunch, and Brueggers isn't bad.

Martial Arts Schools??? Drive literally anywhere in Charlotte and I guarantee that you will find at least 2. It seems as is they are in every strip mall in this area.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:12 AM

8 posts, read 25,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman529 View Post
Ok, I know they dont have anything to do with each other, LOL .....Being from NY, does anyone know where to get a good bagel from down here. Ive got some good ideas for pizza, but how about bagels. Also, is there any info on martial arts schools, I havent seen much on that. Any info is appreciated.
Owen's Bagel and Deli on South Blvd (in South End) has a good reputation among Northern transplants around here.

As for martial arts, try The Peaceful Dragon in the Steele Creek area maybe? They have a website but you'll have to google to get the exact site address.

Good luck!

Old 06-28-2007, 09:06 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,427,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash31 View Post
Owen's Bagel and Deli on South Blvd (in South End) has a good reputation among Northern transplants around here.

As for martial arts, try The Peaceful Dragon in the Steele Creek area maybe? They have a website but you'll have to google to get the exact site address.

Good luck!
index Their prices are a little on the high side though.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:30 AM

550 posts, read 1,808,688 times
Go to Sunrise Bagels in Mooresville...there's also one in Huntersville where the guy trucks in water from NY to make them. Best I've found in the South.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:00 PM

8 posts, read 25,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
index Their prices are a little on the high side though.
This could very well be true. I'm not a big bagel eater so I guess I don't really pay attention to the price. I've just been told by lots of people from the Northeast that the bagels are good

Old 06-28-2007, 02:28 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,427,768 times
The bagels at Owens are good (they are steamed after they put the items on). But most are around $5-6, which is about how much a 12 inch sub costs at most places. It is a really cool place though with very good sanitation scores and very friendly owners.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:15 PM

928 posts, read 3,852,298 times
I found the best bagels at Lowe's Food Store in the bakery. Dunkin Donuts has them too. Ofcourse, you know they are so nutrionally dense. I think $5 for a bagel is too much.

Our work cafeteria has some decent ones when they are fresh at the beginning of the week, towards the end of the week they are hard. Heee...

Good Luck and ENjoy one for me.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:41 PM

431 posts, read 1,668,834 times
...stick with Panera for now until we get some Northerners to open up a chain of Bagel stores and make a fortune.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:01 PM

237 posts, read 855,792 times
Thanks for all the info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte