Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2010, 04:46 PM

32 posts, read 80,821 times

Advertisements

Currently considering a move to Indian Trail.

But am I missing something? Is Indian trail dry?

I've read some things about Indian Trail not being able to sell alcohol in restaurants/bars etc (which probably explains the complete lack of those establishments in the area). But the things I've found all are from a few years ago.

I saw an ABC store has been approved or something but I'm confused...can i buy alcohol in Indian Trail or am i going to be driving to Matthews/Charlotte for everything?

Is there an ABC store? Can i buy beer at Harris Teeter? Are restaurants allowed to serve it? Are there any local pubs or bars?

Someone tell me this isn't true.

Im no booze hound but sheesh, cant get a glass of wine with dinner anywhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 06:19 PM

539 posts, read 1,498,358 times
No it is not dry.
Yes you can buy beer and wine in Harris Teeter.
An ABC store is opening in Indian Trail soon.
Yes restaurants can serve it.

It was a problem a few years back but the voters voted for beer and wine by the glass about 2-3 yrs ago and just about a year ago liquor by the drink and an ABC store.
Indian Trail is a great town and I love it here.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:00 PM

210 posts, read 507,735 times
I came on to say no, not anymore. It rained quite a bit last week and it rained tonight.
Hmm, not the answer you're looking for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
Currently considering a move to Indian Trail.

But am I missing something? Is Indian trail dry?

I've read some things about Indian Trail not being able to sell alcohol in restaurants/bars etc (which probably explains the complete lack of those establishments in the area). But the things I've found all are from a few years ago.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:36 PM

15 posts, read 31,541 times
100% wet. New ABC Store is opening in Food Lion shooping center on Hwy 74.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:54 PM

32 posts, read 80,821 times
Sounds good. Got me spooked for a second.

Hopefully everything else works out and my wife and I will be down that way soon.

Thanks for the replies!

Old 11-12-2010, 02:56 PM

9 posts, read 14,091 times
Just in time the ABC store opened this week !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte