U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 07:36 PM

108 posts, read 126,370 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if NFL football is as big in Charlotte as it is in the South Philly/ Delaware Valley area. In Philly "tailgateing" is huge. I bleed Eagles green and am wondering if there are any good bars where Eagles fan hang out during the NFL football season. I do like the Panthers too. Last time I was in the Charlotte area was on a Sunday during football season and stopped in a bar and EVERY TV had on some NASCAR racing event. I was sorta surprised not one TV had an NFL football game on. Anyway hope to hear from some Eagles fans and/or NFL fans living in the Charlotte area. Go BIRDS ! I'm looking for a the best bar to go to for Sunday NFL games. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 07:45 PM

1,852 posts, read 4,953,877 times
Big NFL fan here, but it is not like Philly, NY, Dallas, Chicago or other older Football cities. It isn't bad and is growing. The stadium is great and not hard to get to. There are bars that have the football , but if it competes against NAscar you may see 50/50.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:24 PM

Thanks. I'll keep my eyes out for places that have many TV's preferably plasma/LCD all in HD that will have at least a few NFL games on. Worst case scenario I can always get an NFL satelite package.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:37 AM

85 posts, read 269,575 times
Panthers have Super Bowl appearances, a great team and continued bright future...because so many people, like yourself, come from other areas, there is a reluctance to shift alliances...being from Miami, I can tell you it is quite hard to embrace another (NFL)team, but the Panthers are my NFC team-of-choice...no offense, but Philly is known world-wide as having the WORST fans, while Charlotte has been consistently mentioned as one of the best places for opposing teams and fans, again because so many people are from other markets the fans are truly homegrown, but converts are plentiful...tailgating is common EVERYWHERE there is a football event in this country...you'll just need to expect BBQ chicken, ribs and pork, instead of brats, kilbalsa or Philly chese steaks...hey, I had to give up lobster and shrimp tailgating when I left Miami, but I ain't complaining. Best of luck with your move.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:14 AM

9 posts, read 27,686 times
What about the college game. I may be moving to Charlotte in the the next year. SEC fan. I know that Ch. is ACC country, what all goes on there? In ATL, there are clubs that meet at all the different bars according to the school. Is that the case in Ch.?

Old 07-05-2007, 09:57 AM

1,852 posts, read 4,953,877 times
College is a bit more rabid around here. There is Bar in uptwon that turns into Clemsonville for the game. So you will find he college to be a bit different, especially basketball. Actually around Basketball season, look out.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:04 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,176,643 times
Stool Pigeon's, Bailey's, Fox and Hound to name a few....

Old 07-10-2007, 06:38 PM

Thanks for the info. Yes we (Philly) fans are the worst but we're sorta proud of it. We do our best to intimidate the other Team/fans. We throw ice balls at the opposing Team and even did it to Santa Clause on a game around Christmas some time ago who was at the game. We're also known for throwing NY Giant fans off of the 700 level at the old Vet. So yes Eagles fans are very proud of thier Team. Carlinina_guy thanks for the references.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:42 PM

120 posts, read 324,671 times
Great question..as we are location as well and are from South Jersey..my husband is a HUGE Eagles Fan.... One of the only stadiums I believe with its own court inside...CRAZY!!

Old 07-10-2007, 06:43 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,176,643 times
No problem. Phil and Tony's at the Arboretum has lots of plasmas as well. And Coach's and Sammy's in Pineville would be good "hole in the wall" choices with lots and lots of plasmas and NFL packages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte