U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2007, 10:28 PM

7 posts, read 30,218 times

Advertisements

Hi all - looking for some housing advice. Can anyone make a recommendation on a good place for a visiting professor at Davidson College to live? I have seen from the forums and other research that Davidson, Cornelius, and Huntersville are all fairly close together, but we are looking for housing close to the Davidson campus. Within walking distance would be great!

I have had trouble finding housing in the Davidson area that does not appear to cost an arm and a leg. What is the housing situation like in Davidson itself and where do private landlords generally advertise? (I have checked Craigslist religiously)

Many thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 04:29 PM

3,574 posts, read 13,870,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coopertexas View Post
...... a good place for a visiting professor at Davidson College to live? .......close to the Davidson campus. Within walking distance would be great! ....
Have you checked with anyone at the college? Surely they have recommendations? Perhaps someone rents space or would share an apt. There might be on-campus housing for a visitor. Good luck!

Old 07-10-2007, 07:47 PM

7 posts, read 30,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
Have you checked with anyone at the college? Surely they have recommendations? Perhaps someone rents space or would share an apt. There might be on-campus housing for a visitor. Good luck!
Yes, we are of course checking with the college. On this forum, though, I am just seeking additional information and perspectives. Thanks

Old 07-10-2007, 07:50 PM

45,245 posts, read 95,829,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coopertexas View Post
Yes, we are of course checking with the college. On this forum, though, I am just seeking additional information and perspectives. Thanks
Davidson is a city of "smart growth" - they are very careful what gets developed there. There just aren't a whole lot of apartments. Hopefully you can find a condo to lease from an individual. Sorry I can't offer any specific help, just wanted to help you to understand why you aren't getting many responses.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:02 PM

22,974 posts, read 62,654,141 times
You might want to look into Cornelius there is more options in that location and it really just down the road from Davidson

Old 07-10-2007, 08:11 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,176,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
You might want to look into Cornelius there is more options in that location and it really just down the road from Davidson
Yes, exit 28 is only 2 miles/2 exits from Davidson exit and has several options. There are a few smaller, older homes near the school, but not sure if any are for rent. It may take you coming down for a weekend and exploring the area in and around Davidson. Good luck!

Old 07-10-2007, 08:24 PM

23 posts, read 65,006 times
Coopertexas, welcome! I work at Davidson College... and I think you need Sylvia _________ (email me for name) to help you. Also, Residence Life keeps a list of area rentals--people who contact the college to "list" a rental. Today, I saw a sign for a rental of a condo at Exit 30 on the lake for $995 per month. Not "in town" but same exit. What department will you be working with? Best wishes for a great start!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte