Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2010, 08:38 PM

4 posts, read 16,437 times

Advertisements

We are considering a transfer to a job in SW Charlotte. If anyone can give information on Family friendly neighborhoods I'd appreciate it. I have 2 elementary age children (7 & 9), so being in a good school district is our number one priority.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 12:30 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,327,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhokie View Post
We are considering a transfer to a job in SW Charlotte. If anyone can give information on Family friendly neighborhoods I'd appreciate it. I have 2 elementary age children (7 & 9), so being in a good school district is our number one priority.

Thank you

I would suggest you consider Fort Mill, SC - close to southwest Charlotte but with better schools.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:42 AM

1,871 posts, read 2,244,351 times
I posted the following in the wrong place. I should have posted it here.

//www.city-data.com/forum/charl...l#post17013091

Old 12-19-2010, 03:25 PM

17 posts, read 41,553 times
No, southwest is not a bad area. I live in SW Charlotte. : )

I have to agree with LovesMountains as well!! Check out Clover too. I wish I had this board when we where looking.

When my husband transfered to this area there where only two grocery stores across the street from each other. Rt 49/york rd/so. tryon was ONE lane going both ways. Schools at the time where not an issue for us since our kids where very young and everything was so new.

Now, 9 years later Rt 49 has built up with shopping centers, not a bad thing...but traffic is heavier. Not nearly as heavy as where I come from though so I can't complain at all about living in the Southwest area. My only complaint is the schools IMO are not good. My kids have moved to private Catholic schools.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:12 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,096,442 times
I think people that plan to work in charlotte need to live in charlotte so they can pay their fair share of the taxes. keep your pride and move to charlotte . There are plenty of wonderful places in south west charlotte for you..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte