Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 11:23 AM

2 posts, read 10,686 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good hair salon in the South Charlotte?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 11:38 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
planet 21 in the fountains. off toms short rd and audrey kell use anthony as he is awesome...Ive always gotten my hair done in NY and I love this guy here...my colorist is Cali she too is awesome...

Old 07-15-2007, 11:41 AM

69 posts, read 277,463 times
I go to Salon J. Marco off Park Rd near 51. Diane, who owns the place, has been my stylist for 15 years and does a fabulous job. Back when I got a perm everyone thought my hair was naturally curly. Now that I just get it colored everyone is amazed that I have no gray hairs. I love her!

Theresa

Old 07-15-2007, 11:47 AM

132 posts, read 449,240 times
Default My other half tells me...

Lauren Devone Salon
2400 Park Road
Zip: 28203
704-344-8801
Ask for Billy Ingram--if you go, tell him that Julie sent you.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:46 PM

71 posts, read 287,181 times
All About You~1700 East Blvd. (704)295-0744 Ask for Sara. I've had my hair done at Planet 21 & Carmen and I would much rather go to All About You. Sara is awesome and her prices are reasonable and plus I drive all the way from Huntersville just to see her. Good Luck!

Old 07-23-2007, 08:50 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Go to Aveda Institute. They are students but are fully supervised and do excellent work and it is inexpensive.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:50 AM

716 posts, read 2,157,595 times
The trouble I've found with Aveda Institute is that it's either hit or miss whether you get great work done or not. If you like to be a little adventurous, or if you have a really easy haircut to maintain and you just need a trim, they can be great. But if you have crazy thick hair, or funky cowlicks like I do, the results may vary...

Oh, and the other problem is that it can be very difficult to get an appointment. Plan on calling well in advance for one.

If I were smart, I wouldn't tell you where I love to go to get my hair done, but...

If you are willing to go to the Southpark or Uptown areas, and you are interested in an Aveda salon, I would HIGHLY recommend Varji and Varji. I have followed Susan Varji to 3 salons because of how much I adore her. In fact, I drove all the way down from Northern Virginia this weekend (7 hours!) just to get her to do my color and cut! (Okay, we were also looking for a house, but I used it as the perfect opportunity...) In the 2 years I've lived in NoVA, I've been unable to find a stylist who even comes CLOSE to the expertise and service I've found at Varji and Varji.

Susan and her husband Max are both highly skilled, expect nothing less than the best of anyone who works for them, and believe in constant education to achieve the highest level of excellence. There are plenty of reviews on Citysearch and other sites to back up my claims, so see for yourself!

Also, their new Southpark location just won 2nd runner up in Salon Today Magazine's Salon of the Year competition. (http://www.salontoday.com/salonsoftheyear/tabid/103/Default.aspx - broken link)

Varji and Varji
911 E Morehead St Ste 600
Charlotte, NC 28204
Phone: (704) 333-1957

or the Southpark location is at the corner of Colony and Sharon, I don't know the exact address... Same phone number...

Old 07-25-2007, 10:26 AM

71 posts, read 287,181 times
Do not go to Aveda Institute. I can't tell you how many people have come into the salon I receptioned at with messed up hair from going to Aveda Institute. Sure go there for facials and pedicures, but hair is too important to be bargain shopping. You get for what you pay for!

Old 04-18-2008, 11:30 AM

2 posts, read 9,149 times
Does anybody know of a good stylist who works from their home, or who makes trips to cut and color hair at the clients homes? Any suggestions appreciated!!

Old 04-18-2008, 11:34 AM

201 posts, read 670,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkybear View Post
Does anybody know of a good stylist who works from their home, or who makes trips to cut and color hair at the clients homes? Any suggestions appreciated!!
I'd love to know this as well, as I have lupus and the lights at most hair places really bother me. In some stores I can wear a baseball cap, but not so much in the hair salon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: