Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2011, 06:48 PM

77 posts, read 149,108 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking into buying in Highland Creek. We are tired of where we live now... constant barking dogs, kids screaming and just disrespectful in general. We're in the debate of moving to HC vs. moving out to the country.

We've spent a decent amount of time taking walks in HC and driving through the neighborhood looking at houses and either we're immune to it or we never hear the things we hear in our current neighborhood.

Is HC a relatively quiet neighborhood? That's what we gather from it, but either that's reasonably true or we've just been lucky during the times we've spent time in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 07:37 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,945,346 times
If you have any friends that live there maybe they'd let you spend the night so you could check out the night time noises.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,774 times
I have lived in Highland Creek for almost 14 years now - 11 years on the Mecklenburg County side, and 3 years on the Cabarrus County side. I can honestly say that noise has never been an issue. Although as in most neighborhoods in this area, the houses are closer than they would be in other parts of the county, things are pretty quiet. Occasionally, you may get a barking dog, or the sounds of kids, but for the most part, HC is a very quiet neighborhood. We love the neighborhood.Moderator cut: mod cut

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-02-2011 at 11:31 PM..

Old 01-02-2011, 09:19 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,629,505 times
I would think that it depended on which neighborhood you lived in. HC is huge. Some of the newer houses on the Cabarrus side seem really close together. The houses on the Meck side seem to have more lawn/spacing.

Overall Highland creek seems to have a strong HOA. Personally, I love it

Old 01-03-2011, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouders View Post
I have lived in Highland Creek for almost 14 years now - 11 years on the Mecklenburg County side, and 3 years on the Cabarrus County side. I can honestly say that noise has never been an issue. Although as in most neighborhoods in this area, the houses are closer than they would be in other parts of the county, things are pretty quiet. Occasionally, you may get a barking dog, or the sounds of kids, but for the most part, HC is a very quiet neighborhood. We love the neighborhood.Moderator cut: mod cut
Thanks!

Now I'm curious as to what was cut...

Old 01-03-2011, 05:40 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,629,505 times
a realtor reccomendation. one of the ones that sponsors some of the hoa activities, i believe. you are buying, so go with someone you like.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
a realtor reccomendation. one of the ones that sponsors some of the hoa activities, i believe. you are buying, so go with someone you like.
would you mind DM'ing me? we might be ditching ours, we haven't been thrilled with them re: selling our house. thanks!!

Old 01-03-2011, 06:01 PM

747 posts, read 2,104,979 times
We bought in HC 3 years ago, and absolutley love it! We live in the Fairvista section, and live in a cul de sac. There is the normal occasional barking dog, but thats it. More important, have you heard about the Wallace Farm odor problem? We dont notice it here very often, but some areas are worse than others. You can DM me if you want any info...btw, we have a 10yr old, so I can give you tips about kids here as well...

Old 01-04-2011, 09:13 PM

49 posts, read 102,373 times
Usually I am the one making noise here and it never fails; the little green lights start coming down the street. The people that live here know what i'm talking about.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte