Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 08:37 AM

23 posts, read 44,852 times

Advertisements

The wife and I are currently looking to buy in Monteith Park. We are just curious to some positives and negatives of the neighborhood from people that currently live there.

We are also curious about the commute as we both work in uptown Charlotte. It seems it isn't so bad being at exit 23, but are there hidden jams that I won't see without making the drive during rush hour? We visited the community yesterday and liked the green areas where kids were playing, we love the style of craftsman homes but I was surprised at all the street parking. I guess people don't use their garage for parking these days?

I am curious about utilities and what peoples monthly power/gas bills look like. I know their new homes guarantee the power bill to never exceed $96 or at least thats what the model advertised, but one of the homes we liked was built is 2003 so I'm curious to know what changes might have occurred to make them offer that guarantee or was it offered in all the new home builds?

Thanks for any info owners or previous owners can provide, we are looking forward to finding the right place in the community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 08:43 AM

41 posts, read 156,423 times
I saw this thread on here... Maybe this could help.
//www.city-data.com/forum/charl...rk-2011-a.html

Old 01-30-2011, 08:55 AM

I literally just saw that after I posted my thread.

Thanks!

Old 01-31-2011, 07:08 AM

16 posts, read 37,582 times
Hey there, Just wanted to drop a couple cents worth.
I think anytime you are commuting from the North into Charlotte, you are going to face days of heavy traffic, unless you are on a flex time off-hours program.
I commute from South to North every day, and I pass the parking lot that is I-77 South between about exits 16 down.

For Monteith, I really love the homes, just our style. I am looking for some feedback from the residents too, haven't got too much back.
My main drawback is the lot sizes, I have two girls under 3, and I'm not sure if I can downsize to that small of a lot. I'm sure for some people, though, small lots are a positive.
Also, I'm looking for a big home, and at the prices they are asking for the largest homes there, there are a LOT of options in the area.
Ahh, The fun and headaches of house-hunting!

Old 01-31-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte_chaos View Post
Hey there, Just wanted to drop a couple cents worth.
I think anytime you are commuting from the North into Charlotte, you are going to face days of heavy traffic, unless you are on a flex time off-hours program.
I commute from South to North every day, and I pass the parking lot that is I-77 South between about exits 16 down.

For Monteith, I really love the homes, just our style. I am looking for some feedback from the residents too, haven't got too much back.
My main drawback is the lot sizes, I have two girls under 3, and I'm not sure if I can downsize to that small of a lot. I'm sure for some people, though, small lots are a positive.
Also, I'm looking for a big home, and at the prices they are asking for the largest homes there, there are a LOT of options in the area.
Ahh, The fun and headaches of house-hunting!

Yes I am aware of the traffic, but luckily I have to be at work at 7am so I will beat most of the heavy traffic in the am. I know the traffic I will face in the evenings as we have went that direction to go to my wives parents in Ohio during rush hour, I'm just not familiar with the traffic once you exit and what that might be like.

As for the lots, they are pretty non existent, but we did find a couple homes in our price range that had a usable yard and the interior/exterior styling we preferred.

Hopefully some current owners in there will catch wind of this thread and post up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte