Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2008, 06:35 PM

120 posts, read 340,373 times

Advertisements

How is the Restaurant business in the area?We are planning to relocate to the area and my husband is a Chef. Im just wandering how th erestaurant business is employment wise. He has over 10 years experience in the restaurant business and is currently a chef. His specialty is seafood and innovative cuisine. (He also has banquet experience at a large facility where he works and helps to manage 2 kitchens and its staff. Im just wandering how long he should expect to find something..and what the FMV is for a Chef in the Charlotte area?

Thank You

Old 03-01-2008, 10:24 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyNJ View Post
How is the Restaurant business in the area?We are planning to relocate to the area and my husband is a Chef. Im just wandering how th erestaurant business is employment wise. He has over 10 years experience in the restaurant business and is currently a chef. His specialty is seafood and innovative cuisine. (He also has banquet experience at a large facility where he works and helps to manage 2 kitchens and its staff. Im just wandering how long he should expect to find something..and what the FMV is for a Chef in the Charlotte area?

Thank You
We have Johnson & Wales is located here. You need to network - is there a professional association you can interface with re: potential jobs? I would think networking would be everything in landing a job in this field in any city. Google restaurants here and start making phone calls and sending resumes.

There is info about Charlotte cuisine on J & W website.

Charlotte (http://culinary.jwu.edu/content168.html - broken link)

Good luck!

Old 01-30-2011, 11:56 AM

76 posts, read 158,867 times
I think, like most things... depends on the person. If he's really good... can't imagine it would be impossible to find something. There are businesses closing -- but others opening. And chefs who arent' cutting it are making room for those who can.

Good luck!!

Old 01-30-2011, 12:25 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,139,204 times
If hes really really really good he may get to be in the top 5% of those cooking who make a little more than the minimum wage.We have no shortage of cooks here right now.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:41 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Moderator Note:

I assume OP has decided on something by now if not they can DM me to reopen the thread. All the best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: