U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2011, 11:24 PM

58 posts, read 108,454 times

Advertisements

Can anyone provide a list of the soccer clubs available for girls in the west or northwest Charlotte areas? We're talking about a move to the area, and our daughter is very into soccer. She is playing U12 Classic currently. I know the names of some of the area clubs, but no good idea where they hold most of their practices.

Would want something within reasonable driving distance of home or work. That probably means from Carowinds area up as far as Huntersville area, depending on where we end up for home and work. We're just getting started (again) with that search, but the soccer has to be figured into the equation as well. A list of the clubs available and where they normally practice would be super helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 08:43 PM

Well, I didn't get any responses, so did some legwork myself. In order to help other parents in the future in my situation:

CHYSL Charlotte Area Youth Soccer League South Blvd area caysl.com
CSC Charlotte Soccer Club McAlpine Park Drive charlottesoccerclub.com
CUFC Charlotte United Futbol Club Audrey Kell area charlotteunited.com
GUSC Gaston United Gastonia area gastonunitedsoccer.org
LNSC Lake Norman Soccer Club Mooresville lakenormansoccer.com
MUFC Mecklenburg Union Futbol Club Matthews matthewssoccerclub.com
NMSC North Meck Soccer Club Cornelius area northmecksoccer.org
SCSA South Charlotte Soccer Assoc. Matthews southcharlottesoccer.com
SCAA Steele Creek A. A. Steele Creek area scaasports.com
USASL USA Soccer League Matthews ucsl.net
WCWAA Wesley Chapel Weddington A.A. Weddington

This is per the NC Youth Soccer website. I believe SCSA (the leading club in Charlotte) has changed names now, to Charlotte Soccer Club (CSC). But I listed them both ways. Also, I think Steele Creek's website said they (SCAA) are merging some of their girls teams with Gaston United (GUSC). Merging should make them a stronger club.

Hope this helps some parents or young kids who are considering a move to the Charlotte area and want to find a team.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:46 PM

Sorry for the messy info. It didn't post as I had typed it. But I guess it's readable as is.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:09 PM

4 posts, read 11,219 times
Hello,

The CSA charlotte soccer academy is the place to go. It is the largest soccer club in NC and one of the only clubs to be part of the US development academy. You want to play soccer
Join the CSA outstanding club. I played pro soccer for years and I have coached also for many years and my kids love it. coaches are fantastic. Which part of charlotte are in? As the CSA also has the North program now at overcash - Concord
Good luck hope it helps if you have any other questions please ask

Old 02-25-2011, 02:47 PM

Guess I was confused... I was thinking CSC was CSA. I guess they are two different clubs then? That's why I love this forum! So does the CSA North program practice in Concord? I'm not familiar with Overcash. I suspect it would be too far for us to drive for practices though, if it's the Concord area. We're far, far from a decision. But it's sounding more like North Meck would end up being our club. Or maybe Gaston U. How do you think Gaston United will compare now that they have included Steele Creek girls in their program?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte