Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 07:07 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times

Advertisements

In NJ it is illegal....anything that is hand written MUST be initaled by the Buyers and or the Sellers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 07:34 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,766,427 times
We cannot draft a legal document, if thats what you mean. We can fill in blanks or add sentence fragments(itemized) to section 17 of the contract. All of which must be initialed by both parties.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:11 PM

42 posts, read 129,925 times
No Real Estate Agents are not attorneys and cannot draft such addendums. As stated previously the can fill in the blanks of the forms drafted by the attorneys.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:57 PM

36 posts, read 94,522 times
Sorry for your headache. I sure hope that you do have the Real Estate Commission look into this character and they throw him in Real Estate jail. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people entering the business every day that have no intention of or idea how to solely represent their clients. I hope that you feel that there more experienced and competient agents than these jokers.

With regards to the hand written addenda, it doesn't sound wrong but sloppy. Often in negotiation, some details can be hammered out verbally and then signed. Handwritten forms are ok with initials and signatures should be had on everything.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:05 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
Default Mortgage Broker

I would start by talking to the Broker-in-Charge. (BIC)

It's hard to prove someone did something wrong when you cant document 'everything'.

Make sure you have a copy of the 'contract' btwn you and the agent.

Be careful with 'hearsay'. If you cant prove things, you might end up slandering.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:39 AM

153 posts, read 467,853 times
Report Report Report....It makes me sick to hear stories of such unethical behavior

Old 10-26-2010, 02:01 PM

3 posts, read 5,705 times
I am truly sorry for your experience. It is unfortunate that once you decide to sell your home, you can be at the mercy of such unethical conduct. My suggetion is that you do file a formal complaint and support it with legal counsel so that you know your complaint will be taken seriously and not put in some file with the other "hand written notes.".
We are currently selling our home and wouldn't think of making an offer on another home until ours is sold. For the most part the realtors who have shown our home have been above board and truly ethical. However, we did have an unfortunate experience where in we ended up removing the lock box so that we could at least know who comes and goes in our home from that point on. In early July, a realtor called and wanted to show our home that afternoon. I explained to him that I had just had surgery and with the weather where we lived, very hot, wanted to limit the time away from the AC and hanging out in the car. This realtor came late, stayed with his clients for over an hour and a half and literally took over our home. His client was a housewife who brought her three young children and they were for the most part left unsupervised. Apparently they were in our pool and there was debris all over our lawn, back patio and in the living room. When I complained to our realtor and to the offending realtor about the liability of children using the pool unsupervised and without our permission, I was made to feel that we were overboard on our concern. We ended up being the bad guys for not being sensitive to the needs of the realtor's clients. Quote: " What's your problem? After all, they were only wading in the pool." We felt that despite the fact that it was a very hot day, use of the pool by anyone visiting our property for whatever reason, should be with our consent only. We felt that they left us in an awkward and responsibile position should any unforseen accident have happened. We are not ogres and would have probably allowed the kids to cool off in the pool had we been there, but we were not. . It is our belief that realtors whether representing buyers/sellers should behave as guests in someone's home and not as "make believe" owners. It has been a stressful process selling our home. I ended up filing a complaint with the offending realtors broker...I don't believe it went anywhere farther than the "round file." The lock box is still off our door.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:07 AM

5 posts, read 12,087 times
I'm afraid that this is typical of Charlotte RE. Sorry. Seller Beware!

Old 11-16-2010, 12:54 AM

958 posts, read 1,723,785 times
Report them to the NC Real Estate commission please.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:58 AM

4 posts, read 5,268 times
Default Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawRelocator View Post
Another thing I wanted to mention was that my agent was on vacation several times during the contract negotiation period and when we pressed him for information he had the audacity to complain that "his vacation was ruined because of us".
We were involved in a dual agency scam when our Selling Agent represented the Buyer also. Overnight this person became our nemesis. Her inside knowledge costs us dearly!
Hours after the grueling Closing we called her cell phone and she was in a limosine heading to the airport for an extended trip to Italy. She literally laughed at our concerns and we could almost hear the clinking of champagne glasses in the background as she spent her well deserved $40K commision check! Shame on us for trusting her. But...it will NEVER happen again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte