Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 07:07 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,490 times

Advertisements

You guys realize this thread is 3 years old, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 07:12 AM

171 posts, read 317,750 times
The moral of the story here is that ultimately YOU are responsible for any contract that you sign and you should not sign any real estate contract without fully understanding what is in it. If you are unable to read it, then a $200 spent at an attorney's office is well worth the time and effort spent. If anyone, who stands to gain materially from the sale, utters the word's "trust" or "don't worry about it" then the red flags should start flying up.

IMO, a real estate agent isn't anything more than a glorified salesman. Do you trust car salesmen? If so, I've got a couple of bridges that I would like to sell you.

I'm not sure I completely believe the OP's story however nor the one prior to this one as nobody is forced to take a contract. In any case and one more time, never trust anyone in a real estate deal. This is why there are such things as a written contracts and don't sign it until you know what is in it.

Edit: The advice is even more relevant now, than it was 3 years ago. And speaking of that, how many people are now underwater, foreclosed on and so forth because over the last 3 years they tthey listened to the advice of their real estate agents?

Last edited by CherryTwist; 11-16-2010 at 07:33 AM..

Old 11-16-2010, 07:23 AM

4 posts, read 5,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
So...its okay for realtors to be unethical now? I must have missed that memo

Old 11-16-2010, 07:31 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMH48 View Post
So...its okay for realtors to be unethical now? I must have missed that memo

Why don't you take some time to read back through the thread and review my comments.

Nice 3rd post, thanks for contributing to our forum.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:17 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,137,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTwist View Post
The moral of the story here is that ultimately YOU are responsible for any contract that you sign and you should not sign any real estate contract without fully understanding what is in it. If you are unable to read it, then a $200 spent at an attorney's office is well worth the time and effort spent. If anyone, who stands to gain materially from the sale, utters the word's "trust" or "don't worry about it" then the red flags should start flying up.

IMO, a real estate agent isn't anything more than a glorified salesman. Do you trust car salesmen? If so, I've got a couple of bridges that I would like to sell you.

I'm not sure I completely believe the OP's story however nor the one prior to this one as nobody is forced to take a contract. In any case and one more time, never trust anyone in a real estate deal. This is why there are such things as a written contracts and don't sign it until you know what is in it.

Edit: The advice is even more relevant now, than it was 3 years ago. And speaking of that, how many people are now underwater, foreclosed on and so forth because over the last 3 years they tthey listened to the advice of their real estate agents?
Absolutely spot on. The real estate game is moved along by money, plain and simple. I realize this thread is three years old, but as soon as I read that the agent told the seller not to worry, that he'd worked w/the other agent before, I knew that he simply wanted to do as little work as possible for as much gain as possible. Pretty typical!

Old 11-16-2010, 10:38 AM

1,343 posts, read 3,337,570 times
Quote:
ya, why do people do that? Do they run a search on a topic of interest and find an old thread? I guess I can understand that. You don't want to start a new thread if an old one exists. But sometimes it seems something else is going on. It does drive me nuts - people responding to someone's problem of 2, 3, or 5 years ago.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:48 PM

4 posts, read 5,274 times
Default Typical

Quote:
Why don't you take some time to read back through the thread and review my comments.

Nice 3rd post, thanks for contributing to our forum.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think that my experience as outlined on page two gives me the right to chime in this public forum.

If you do not feel that way.......well...... my impressions of your Industry have once again been fulfilled.

Well done.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:41 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,572,579 times
Not quite sure how come all of these old threads keep coming back.

Just a reminder to everyone to be sure that they are comfortable with their real estate agent - A good agent is worth their weight in gold. HOWEVER, anyone investing their money should use good common sense and make their own decisions. I think as our economy worsens and people lose even more money on their investments - their agents will get more and more of the blame.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:54 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,006,032 times
[quote=Charlotteborn;16682097]Not quite sure how come all of these old threads keep coming back.

Just a reminder to everyone to be sure that they are comfortable with their real estate agent - A good agent is worth their weight in gold. HOWEVER, anyone investing their money should use good common sense and make their own decisions. I think as our economy worsens and people lose even more money on their investments - their agents will get more and more of the blame.[/quote]

May I just say Amen... I in no way condone when an agent does their job badly BUT some clients will blame their agents for situation well beyond our control. I do also hope that more people report their agents when things are mishandled so we can weed out the bad ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte