Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2007, 08:36 PM

150 posts, read 704,828 times

Advertisements

We are seriously thinking about going with M/I homes to build our home at Falcon Ridge and have been really impressed with everything we've seen and heard about the community and the builder so far. I still have some questions though that I'm hoping the people on this forum will be able to answer for me:
- does anyone know how long falcon ridge has been selling for?
- how long does it typically take for a community to fill up completely? Is there a specific time period?
- also, they're only getting the permits for their pool and clubhouse now. I heard from a resident of FR on another forum ( charlottemommies) that they were to build the pool last year and now have slotted it for opening in summer '08. Is there a chance that they might not build the pool in the end? despite them advertising it in their brochures and on their website?

Thank you for your feedback. This forum has been instrumental in our house hunting process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 06:19 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,023,921 times
I can answer a couple of questions here.

The information I had been gven was thus.

Falcon Ridge first started selling in December 2005.

First residents moved inapprox April/May 2006.

As for the pool and clubhouse, the story I was told which does seem pausible was.

They where refused permits for the pool and clubhouse until they where no longer moving all the dirt around, in otherwards when the applied for permits before some of the roads had not even been built, like Caracara ct only got paved around 3-4 months ago.

The pool will happen that is certain, what is not certain is when.

I believe it will take 2-3 years for Falcon Ridge to sell out, if the housing market in other areas of the country rebound a little it will take less.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:22 AM

150 posts, read 704,828 times
Thanks flyingscotsman. I wonder if other communities generally take about this time to get sold. Any one have any idea when they opened the final phase of Legacy Park in Indian trail or Matthews Grove by Centex homes to buyers? I'm asking because it would give me a rough idea( I think) about how long it takes for the community to fill up. I understand that the location also makes a difference in these things but still would just like to know. this weekend's observer shows quite a few new home sales in berewick.
Flying, what you say seems consistent with what our buyer's agent told as well, about the pool. She said that the clubhouse would certainly be built before that, or atleast this is what Lauren at M/I told her. Falcon Ridge is right at the top of our list now. We took a look at DR horton in Indian trail over the weekend but they were almost fully sold and we were not too happy with the floorplans and DH didn't fancy the location too much. FR is perfect for us in terms of location, being close enough to Lake Wylie and the commute to uptown. This is our first house and so I think I'm going nuts trying to research this area enough just to be sure that we're making the right decision.
just wish they'd open a good daycare and montessori or two nearby and it would be perfect! Maybe if enough of us keep talking about it on here, someone might read it and act. Just a thought.

Thanks for all your help.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:36 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,023,921 times
In so far as I can see the first houses in Matthews Grove where moved in around April 2005, if anybody knows any better please advise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte