Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 03:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
New York developer Donald Trump says he still is considering buying property in Charlotte. He didn't say which properties he is considering, but previously he has expressed interest in a Queen City golf course and a downtown condominium project.
I saw it on news kinda perplex as I thought he already was considering Charlotte

Donald Trump:
Quote:
It's a great place. I'm actually looking to buy property, specific property in Charlotte. So I hope you guys continue to do well."

Read more: Donald Trump eyeing Charlotte property - Charlotte Observer news - NewsObserver.com (http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/03/14/1053191/trump-eyeing-charlotte-property.html#ixzz1Ghp3xcha - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 08:07 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
He did consider Charlotte at one point. Then, he decided not to go with the deal...someone probably wouldn't bend to his wishes.

He is a real estate developer, though. There are plenty of foreclosures to whet his appetite, here...

Old 03-15-2011, 08:17 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,388,507 times
^

He brought it up himself. A Charlotte reporter was interviewing trump about his new Season of his show and then out of the blue he himself said "Oh by the way, I am interested in an exact location in Charlotte"

This isn't "old" news. This was just recent that Trump randomly stated that when not even provoked. I'm sure he could do well with a hotel tower perhaps mixed Office and/or mixed apartments. If he were to consider anything uptown.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:45 PM

958 posts, read 1,723,785 times
He would be an idiot to build something in this market.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:44 PM

2,028 posts, read 5,427,082 times
He was looking at The Point last year, but I'm assuming nothing happened as not heard anything else.
Maybe he's waiting for 4 lane Brawley and the new I77 Intersection to be completed.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:01 PM

4,586 posts, read 6,414,204 times
Trump is a hot Republican mess. Stay away!

Old 03-16-2011, 11:07 PM

1,738 posts, read 845,390 times
Maybe he got his towns mixed up? I just read an article yesterday about him buying some of socialite Patricia Kluge's Charlottesviile, VA property that went up for foreclosure. You know how all you southern towns look alike... ;-)

Old 03-18-2011, 03:17 PM

373 posts, read 778,268 times
Default Not a good fit

I like Donald Trump. I have read most of his books and am a big fan of The Apprentice. He is no doubt one of the best real estate developers in the world. I just do not think his personality would fit in with this city.
Most of the success in Charlotte is in one way or another organic. It is native minds and money that built this city. Yes there are a lot of outside investments coming into the city now and have been since the mid 90's. That is only because the locals built this city into something worth investing in and made it attractive to outsiders. Charlotte is still one of the best kept secrets in the country. The secret, however, has been getting out for a while now. Let's just hope everybody does not catch on. We don't need all the bad that comes with the good of everybody knowing.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:22 PM

30 posts, read 46,366 times
I agree Charlotte has its own flavor. Once you live here for a few years the place really grows on you. To the point where I have no plans on moving back to Fl. It has a certain speed to it that's kinda of fast paced but not too fast. It just depends also what part of the city you live on too. People come from long distances just to work here. Like last year we had hail and wind damage in this area and roofing companies came from all over the country to work here. Charlotte's just a good spot on the map for many reasons. Weather, centrally located away from coast so rarely get severe weather. Shipping, its the center of the largest consolidated rail with Norfolk southern rail/csx all coming together where Charlotte is. Also, a while back there was talk of Norfolk southern rail connecting rail at the Airport creating a cargo hub. This would mean they can ship goods by truck,plane and rail. Which would be a major game changer for this city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: