U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2007, 09:34 AM

150 posts, read 678,101 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any Montessori's that have daycare facilities in South Charlotte? We used to have them in Omaha, Nebraska where we were before we moved to Charlotte but didn't know if they had any here.

Thank you!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 01:53 PM

443 posts, read 1,184,178 times
I can speak only of Montessori Schools...
Amami and Onmi both start, I believe, at age 3 and continue to 6th grade. Both are private with the later having a very good rep. Also, there is a public Montessori school near S. charlotte (Park Rd. and Woodlawn area). It is called Park Road Montessori. It is run by CMS and has a GREAT reputation. The waiting list is in the hundreds. They are age 4 through 5th grade. While the private ones cost dollars, of course, the public one is free for age 5(kinder.)-5th grade. For the 4 year old pre-k program the cost is minimul.

Hope this helps--
T

Old 07-27-2007, 02:08 PM

38 posts, read 134,717 times
Charlotte Montessori starts at 18 months
Countryside at 2 yrs
Chantilly at pre-K
Omni at 3 yrs
I'm not sure of the locations in relation to where you want them though

Last edited by faye_dway; 07-27-2007 at 02:20 PM..

Old 07-27-2007, 02:13 PM

Thanks a bunch! We're right now in Ballantyne but considering moving to the Steele Creek area. I might be going back to work in a little bit so this is good information to have on hand.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:31 PM

443 posts, read 1,184,178 times
Default Public Montessori

The public Montessori Schools (Park Road Montessori, Chantilly and, I think, Billingsville or Billingsly) are VERY tough to get into. Be sure to put your child in the lottery at at 3, for a spot at age 4. Otherswise, you likely will not get in. From Steele Creek or Ballyn. area you would probably be zoned to Park Road Montessori.

T

Old 07-27-2007, 03:27 PM

Does anyone have their kids go to Chesterbrook Academy on S Point Blvd.? It's not a montessori but I'd like to know what you think about the place.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,410 times
Default Chesterbrook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecociousJewel View Post
Does anyone have their kids go to Chesterbrook Academy on S Point Blvd.? It's not a montessori but I'd like to know what you think about the place.
I am also new to the area and am interested in chesterbrook on S. Point. Did you find out any information about this center? Thank you in advance for forwarding any tips.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:00 PM

2 posts, read 5,090 times
Yes, I know of several people who have their children at Chesterbrook and they like it a lot. There are also three new day care / schools on Arrowood - Gateway, The Learning Experience and Primrose, I believe. My son is at TLE and I've been quite pleased with this school. I toured the others (including Chesterbrook) and TLE was my pick. Good luck!

Old 12-14-2010, 08:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,090 times
Since I'm here... has anyone heard about a new Montessori school opening near the intersection of Youngblood Rd / Shopton Rd West on South Tryon? There was an older home with a nice front yard patio with a sign up a while back about a Montessori school coming soon?? Details if you know something - Thanks!

Old 12-15-2010, 06:49 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,219,237 times
Depending where in Ballantyne.. or where you'll be working I highly recommend Cranfield Academy, from personal experience. They have a location somewhere in mid-charlotte, not sure exactly. They just opened a new location just south of 485 on Providence. Due to the grand opening only having been a few monthd ago, classes are still small (which i love) and everything is brand new and spotless clean. The staff is amazing and the director- Shannon is great. They do field trips for the 3 and 4 year olds. Cant say enough good things. They are growing quickly but I love how personal it feels there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>