Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 06:45 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,841,246 times

Advertisements

Wait until the lakes get to the temp where they just aren't refreshing. Mountain Island is almost there. Wylie wont be too far behind. 3 or 4 years ago, the gauges on my boat showed water temp in the upper-90's. You would get in and immediately want to get out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 08:16 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,174,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
We enjoyed a day on the lake on Saturday. Swimming, water skiing, wakeboardking, grilling out, etc. Temp was 91, water temp was 85 (according to boat instruments) and bright blue sky with a few cotton clouds. Perfect weather.

It was in the low 80s this activity is not nearly as enjoyable. I note from my northern friends that the water in the lakes and rivers up north never warms up enough for them to really enjoy such a thing there. We have a neighborhood pool, but IMO, why go to it when you can go to the lake.
I do see you point, but it depends on where you live. Here in southern New England we get 2-3 months of good pool/beach weather...thats good enough for me. Obviously the hotter weather works for you and thats a great thing.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Wait until the lakes get to the temp where they just aren't refreshing. Mountain Island is almost there. Wylie wont be too far behind. 3 or 4 years ago, the gauges on my boat showed water temp in the upper-90's. You would get in and immediately want to get out.
Those water temps are gonna skyrocket after this weekend.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:15 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,283,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Those water temps are gonna skyrocket after this weekend.
JP, can I get that temp-controlled space suit? Man, 90/100+ next week or so. I know you'll think this is nuts but I'm ready for a solid run of 90+ temps, I need a consistent heat wave to make summer official. 105 on Friday/Saturday..OMFG! Good thing I got an early am tee time Sat morning! Miller time at noon and in the shade (well 19th hole).

Old 06-27-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
JP, can I get that temp-controlled space suit? Man, 90/100+ next week or so. I know you'll think this is nuts but I'm ready for a solid run of 90+ temps, I need a consistent heat wave to make summer official. 105 on Friday/Saturday..OMFG! Good thing I got an early am tee time Sat morning! Miller time at noon and in the shade (well 19th hole).
Hey its summer now..! Heat is ok...gonna be 90-92 in CT too

Enjoy golf ... I just broke 90 for the first time in years last week. Felt weird.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,283,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Hey its summer now..! Heat is ok...gonna be 90-92 in CT too

Enjoy golf ... I just broke 90 for the first time in years last week. Felt weird.
For some odd reason it doesn't feel like 90+ today...maybe I'm coming down with something or is it low humidity? Ok, only been outside twice today.

Good deal on breaking 90! The joys of being home, probably know the course like the back of your hand.

Broke 80 for the first time last year on a blistering hot day, damn sun wasn't gonna stop me...it was a caddy shack moment.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
For some odd reason it doesn't feel like 90+ today...maybe I'm coming down with something or is it low humidity? Ok, only been outside twice today.

Good deal on breaking 90! The joys of being home, probably know the course like the back of your hand.

Broke 80 for the first time last year on a blistering hot day, damn sun wasn't gonna stop me...it was a caddy shack moment.
104 today...wow. Looks like 5-7 days of around 100 or more..that will rival the August 2007 heat wave for sure.

Yep..I know the course and have been playing just a bit more. Had one 79 in my life at James Baird golf course in Poughkeepsie NY,.,will never forget it and will never see it happen again

Old 06-29-2012, 09:07 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,662,286 times
Quote:
I have an early tee time too on Sat. Not sure if it will matter though... it will be 90+ by 9 AM and I've never golfed before so it will be a long day unless I'm a natural...

Old 06-29-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I have an early tee time too on Sat. Not sure if it will matter though... it will be 90+ by 9 AM and I've never golfed before so it will be a long day unless I'm a natural...
Wear a cap!! Good luck.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:43 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,977,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
The trick to Mountain Island Lake is to take your boat north up onto the river. You will find the water there to be pretty cold. It comes from the lower part of Lake Norman (the dam is 100+ ft deep) so the water coming out is in the 70s there. As you move further south it warms up so you can pick your spot. Right there in that valley near the Hwy 73 bridge, that cold water also makes for a nice cooler micro climate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte