Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 12:37 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
I was in Chicago 2 weeks ago..almost 100 both days but no humidity ..felt like the desert. Now, you are right humidity is creeping in in the midwest.
Actually, jp, in thinking about it...you are right. When I first got there, it was dry as a bone. My cousin & I were commenting on how our skin & hair felt like it was wintertime. But, that soon ended and the massive humid cloud of summer arrived and it was miserable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 06:49 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Actually, jp, in thinking about it...you are right. When I first got there, it was dry as a bone. My cousin & I were commenting on how our skin & hair felt like it was wintertime. But, that soon ended and the massive humid cloud of summer arrived and it was miserable.
Only thing with the upper midwest is they get breaks from the extreme heat. That is the difference from the south. Its not constant but I agree with you.,..when its hot , it can be just as painful..

Old 07-07-2012, 07:48 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Most nights I have been able to open a window at night and save on electricity. I cant wait for this weather to break... the last week has been miserable.

when I visit Pittsburgh in the summer I sweat like a pig dude to the humidity. Charlotte is hot in the summer but this heat wave is crazy. The first day of summer the devil switched on the heat.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:22 PM

176 posts, read 291,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
You are such a positive good hearted person---thank you for giving me so much hope! And anyhow--no place is going to be perfect. CALIF was really close but we just could not afford to stay there sadly. Plus it is all I really have ever known so I really cannot judge fairly. And even with my family and friends all still there that makes it makes it even more difficult. I was from the mountains in CA at 7,000ft elevation--yes, I am quite spoiled. I would love to go back but that is only a dream..... This will be my new dream and I really must make it a wonderful experience.

I, too, am from CA. We lived on the central coast (monterey county) where temps ranged between 65 and 75 year-round. Talk about spoiled!

It is definitely hot right now but, frankly, I think the humidity is less than I had imagined. Just make sure you have good ac and access to a pool. And remember, it is only 10 weeks or so; the rest of the year is super nice!

Old 07-08-2012, 03:40 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,973,504 times
There is a rather unique outdoor cool spot in this area. Yesterday we spent the afternoon on the Catawba river just south of Hwy 73 & the Cowans Ford dam. Duke Energy was releasing water through the system from the dam and the water there was only 82.3 degrees. Because of the volume of water it was cooling the air around there to around 85-88 degrees but it also dehumidifies it as well. The result is a very nice place for swimming, cooking out, and doing all the things that's done at a beach. Amazing since I'd estimate just a little ways from there the temperature was 97 or so.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:05 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
Cold front forecast, but blistering heat lingers in several states - CNN.com

Old 07-08-2012, 08:31 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,725,526 times
Charlotte area will be in the 80's all week after Monday w/a very good chance of rain/thunderstorms every day....

Luckily most of the area is not in a long term drought..(even though my grass is crunchy right now!)

Old 07-08-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Charlotte area will be in the 80's all week after Monday w/a very good chance of rain/thunderstorms every day....

Luckily most of the area is not in a long term drought..(even though my grass is crunchy right now!)
Yepp..some relief for the east next week. Upper 70's-low 80's with sun ..no tstorms..perfect weather here in the northeast, I think you guys may see some humidity creep in though down there but still better than upper 90's

Old 07-08-2012, 10:49 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,725,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Yepp..some relief for the east next week. Upper 70's-low 80's with sun ..no tstorms..perfect weather here in the northeast, I think you guys may see some humidity creep in though down there but still better than upper 90's
I saw the weather for the NE next week....upper 70's low 80's is too cool for summer for me....that's perfect late sept oct weather....

To each his own...

Old 07-08-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I saw the weather for the NE next week....upper 70's low 80's is too cool for summer for me....that's perfect late sept oct weather....

To each his own...
why you are in charlotte and I am in the northeast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte