Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 10:12 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,203,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulosfm View Post
What I like about Charlotte most of all is that we have four seasons - unlike Hartford (winter and the 4th of July:-) I love the snow here and don't drive it because it freezes quickly, unlike the dry powdery snow in CT and other NE areas. Locals here leave the snow driving to folks from up Nawth (sic)...and the subsequent wrecks. I can do without the ice storms here, it's a part of the weather we deal with from year to year. Come on down!
Hartford doesn't have 4 seasons?....oh my....bless your heart...way to be ignorant. Enjoy sweating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromCT View Post
We are thinking about retiring in the Charlotte area to be near our daughter and son-in-law. I know the summers are hot, but we'll be giving up our cold winters. I figured that's a fair trade. But for you New Englanders who've already moved down, is it? I don't like wind and sleet pelting me in the face or slipping on ice on my driveway when I walk down to get the mail, but there are also nice sunny days, when, if you're dressed properly, you can go for a walk and admire the snow covered countryside and listen to the snow crunch under your feet. Are there a reasonable number of nice days in the summer, or does everyone spend most of their time staring out the window, wishing it were tolerable enough to go outside, as we do here in winter?

Also, what's the trade off on heating expense up north versus air conditioning expense down south. Another even trade, or is it on average more or less? We do also use air conditioning here and you obviously use heat too, so I'm really asking about the total.

Thanks!
Bump!!!! How is the weather down in Charlotte land? Looks like most of Isaac's remnants will miss you guys. I don't think you need the rain.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Bump...how is the weather down there?...another beautiful evening here in the northeast.
Heeeellllllllllooooo Charlotte!!!!! As the old newscaster Lloyd Lindsey Young would say.

Looks like some unseasonable warm weather you for guys the next 3 days.

This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 83.
Friday Sunny, with a high near 83.
Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.

Always hated the october 80's down there. Heck we'll even be well in the 70's up here in Southern N.E. ...too warm for this time of year.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:12 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,378,794 times
three in a row, tisk tisk

Quote:
The ground rule is I can't have two posts in a row.. you guys are only at 89? Must have cloud cover.

low 80's in October, how terrible

Old 10-04-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
three in a row, tisk tisk

low 80's in October, how terrible
I have adopted this thread as my last link to Charlotte... it must live on occasionally.

Trees are turning here, beautiful fall season is upon us.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:03 PM

3,872 posts, read 4,295,150 times
Quote:
Heeeellllllllllooooo Charlotte!!!!! As the old newscaster Lloyd Lindsey Young would say.

Looks like some unseasonable warm weather you for guys the next 3 days.

This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 83.
Friday Sunny, with a high near 83.
Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.

Always hated the october 80's down there. Heck we'll even be well in the 70's up here in Southern N.E. ...too warm for this time of year.
Lol JP, not many 80+ October days in Charlotte (unseasonable) but anywhere from 70 to low 80s is purrr-fect for the kid, great for golf...tee time tomorrow afternoon and sat morning.

Front rolling in Sat evening so back to the 70s next week. I don't recall too many 80+ October days in Charlotte, especially any mid to late October. This is my favorite time of the year here, mid Sept - Dec, some stunning day time golf weather.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:32 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,758,782 times
Quote:
I have adopted this thread as my last link to Charlotte... it must live on occasionally.

Trees are turning here, beautiful fall season is upon us.
Dont worry JP, the days where it gets dark at 430 for you in the afternoon are right around the corner!

Old 10-04-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Dont worry JP, the days where it gets dark at 430 for you in the afternoon are right around the corner!
cant wait!!! the joy of the seasons. I'll actually get enjoy a REAL Christmas this year.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Lol JP, not many 80+ October days in Charlotte (unseasonable) but anywhere from 70 to low 80s is purrr-fect for the kid, great for golf...tee time tomorrow afternoon and sat morning.

Front rolling in Sat evening so back to the 70s next week. I don't recall too many 80+ October days in Charlotte, especially any mid to late October. This is my favorite time of the year here, mid Sept - Dec, some stunning day time golf weather.
No doubt..next week will be a nice week for you guys. My favorite time of year down there is March-April. Winter is getting quite old by then and instead of wet and cool you jump right into mild and dry ... I wouldn't trade the fall in New England for anywhere though.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:18 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,913,387 times
[quote=lovesMountains;18553697]Now, be forewarned, we have one regular poster here who HATES the Charlotte summers. He will be along shortly I'm sure to tell you ALL about it and how dreadfully awful it is

Sounds like three other posters that do nothing but complain every time they have a chance, although they are quite transparant and make little sense. It isn't really the city, probably lack of a date. But I agree with you that the extreme heat doesn't last that long. The rest of the summer is not much different than the NYC area or other places south of New England.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte