Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 08:48 PM

3 posts, read 10,044 times

Advertisements

Just read some articles on how Charlotte is the 3rd highest ranking city in the country for handing out DUI's. Is it lack of public transportation or are the cops really that hell bent on giving out DUI's instead of fighting the more dangerous crimes because of the easy money maker? Guess what I'm trying to say is are the cops always on the prowl for the person that has three beers on a saturday night and drives home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 08:57 PM

870 posts, read 3,528,867 times
I for one am happy that the police in Charlotte are handing out DUI's. Just wish that the legal system in Charlotte could keep up with the problem and get the offenders off the street. Also wish that the people getting the DUI's learn their lesson and don't do it again. Oh well, so much for the perfect world.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:05 PM

624 posts, read 2,108,791 times
Yeah, count me in on the side of the "hell bent" cops on catching those that choose to drink and drive.

Is this your reference article: The U.S. cities with the most drunk driving offenders | Insurance.com

Cause their Methodology is almost comical.

Quote:
Methodology
Insurance.com based its list on the top 20 cities by population, according to the Census Bureau. (No DUI data was available for Boston.) We then looked at people in those cities who requested car insurance quotes at Insurance.com, and calculated the percentage of people in each city who reported having at least one alcohol-related violation.
Putting an ad for a company that uses itself as it's source. Man I wish I could get away with that.

This is true because MysteryMT said it was true. PS...please purchase more MysteryMT product.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:22 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times
I'm another one glad the police are out looking for drunks. And don't think for a second that there are not enough police out there to handle the DUIs and other offenses.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:17 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times
You play, you pay.....those who drink and drive are selfish and inconsiderate.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:25 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,361,318 times
Here's a scary thought: is there something specific about Charlotte that is leading to more DUI's, or are more people just getting caught (hoping for the second)?

I'm all for keeping the drunk people off the street.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:26 AM

34 posts, read 59,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillerfan View Post
Just read some articles on how Charlotte is the 3rd highest ranking city in the country for handing out DUI's. Is it lack of public transportation or are the cops really that hell bent on giving out DUI's instead of fighting the more dangerous crimes because of the easy money maker? Guess what I'm trying to say is are the cops always on the prowl for the person that has three beers on a saturday night and drives home?

Lack of public transportation? Hell bent on giving out DUI's? 3 beers on a Saturday night & drives home? Seriously?

When you drink & drive you're not only taking chances with your own life but others as well. It's not an excusable crime.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:07 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLjungberg View Post
Lack of public transportation? Hell bent on giving out DUI's? 3 beers on a Saturday night & drives home? Seriously?

When you drink & drive you're not only taking chances with your own life but others as well. It's not an excusable crime.
^^^^agree.

I believe MysteryMT explained it all very well - the methodology used to come to the conclusions is laughable.

However, the subject is very serious - and it pleases me immensely that our law enforcement is on top of folks who choose to put other innocent drivers at risk by driving while drunk.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:16 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:

God I hope so.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:36 AM

748 posts, read 1,771,658 times
Quote:
or are the cops really that hell bent on giving out DUI's instead of fighting the more dangerous crimes
More dangerous crimes than DUI? Huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte